2012 base stereo

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to make the base 4 speaker system sound good. Just put a nice set of JL audio 10s in the trunk and it's still not as good as my stock shaker 1000 in my 05. I don't want to say it's too much bass but it just doesn't sound right at all. Had a professional install them too

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That Shaker 1000 was the best factory system I ever heard in a car. I miss that setup in my 2005.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I upgraded the 6x8s in mine, and it only made the sound a little better. It still sounds like shit though. I feel like I need to cut a couple holes in the dash and install some 3.5" coaxials, but I'm not that comfortable cutting up my interior.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's different between the Shaker 500 and whatever is in the 2012 you have, but installing a new head unit in my '05 really woke up the in-speaker subs and made a huge difference in sound quality.

Mojo88

Reaction score
I have Shaker 500 with upgraded speakers (MC572 - Memphis MClass 5" x 7" Coaxial Speakers). It is barely acceptable. Truly needs subwoofer, and then maybe new H/U too. I've had some luck playing with bass/treble and balance settings in the Shaker 500, but it's very limited in function.

Have you tried experimenting with different settings for the JL audio 10s in the trunk?

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
Other than doing a full stereo replacement, the best advice that I can give is to replace all of your speakers with a quality setup. I have focal door and back dash speakers with a JL sub out back and it sounds good but I also swapped out the factory radio for a Kenwood piece with the iDatalink setup

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Base radio does sucks in the mustang. I deal with it every time I get into it. But its better than my radio in my E250 van! I was told it needs yanked and fully replaced only way to do anything with it. I never noticed how bad it was till I got a 2003 GT last year and has the factory Mach 1000 system in it. Best radio I ever owned! Down side there is no trunk in it, 2 subwoofers and 6 amps!

byblazed

Reaction score
If you don't want to change the head I'm sure you can adda line out converter, an external eq or dsp, and an amplifier for up front. It would be good to install some nice speakers for the amp to drive as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know what's different between the Shaker 500 and whatever is in the 2012 you have, but installing a new head unit in my '05 really woke up the in-speaker subs and made a huge difference in sound quality.

You have the extra door subs. That's what's missing from my car. I need those two 8s to tie everything together to get a more balanced sound

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back