2013 GT Suspension

Bocefus

Reaction score
The parts in red are purchased. The parts in green will be ordered shortly, am I missing anything?

BMR Upper adjustable control arm and mount
BMR Lower control arms
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
BMR Control arm relocation bracket

BMR Lowering springs
Koni STR.T shocks front and rear
GT500 upper strut mounts

All feedback is appreciated.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
First, not tech.

Second, it depends on what you plan on doing.

Bocefus

Reaction score
Should I have it put into "chit chat?"

I plan on going to track a few times.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Should I have it put into "chit chat?"

I plan on going to track a few times.

What kind of track? If you're a drag racer, I'd sub the Koni STR.T's with something more adjustable, with rebound and compression. Like the Tokico D Spec.

Also may want to look into a rear sway bar relocation kit, in case you ever want to run 15x10 rear wheels for drag tires.

Bocefus

Reaction score
1/4 mile....maybe autocross, depends on how much Im willing to spend on mods. First time mustang owner. I saw the appropriate section where I should've posted this. Sorry for the mix-up.

What kind of track? If you're a drag racer, I'd sub the Koni STR.T's with something more adjustable, with rebound and compression. Like the Tokico D Spec.

Also may want to look into a rear sway bar relocation kit, in case you ever want to run 15x10 rear wheels for drag tires.

I was looking at the Tokico's......thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
If you plan to do AutoX, skip the BMR springs and go with Steeda Sport springs. Also look into the Koni Yellow Sport struts/shocks or Tokiko adjustable struts/shocks instead of the STR.T's.

With lowering the car, you may be better off getting camber plates instead of the GT500 strut mounts.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I'd also skip throwing parts at the car & run it in a few autocrosses stock first. Then you will learn what parts you need to throw at it & what parts may not be worth it.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you plan to do AutoX, skip the BMR springs and go with Steeda Sport springs. Also look into the Koni Yellow Sport struts/shocks or Tokiko adjustable struts/shocks instead of the STR.T's.

With lowering the car, you may be better off getting camber plates instead of the GT500 strut mounts.

If he ends up going with an adjustable set of shocks and struts, the BMR Springs will be the better option for a "mix" of AutoX and Drag Racing.

The only area that the Sports will outperform the BMR Springs is in the corners, and that is primarily due to the 200~lb front rate of them, compared to the 165 on the BMR's.

I agree about the adjustable in favor of the STR.T, but the STR.T are still a great option in the non-adjustable world. I also agree on the Camber Plates, if his budget allows.

Bocefus

Reaction score

Good info. I was under the impression I would have to get strut mounts to replace the factory since i was getting new shocks.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Good info. I was under the impression I would have to get strut mounts to replace the factory since i was getting new shocks.

yea, you do, but the camber plates are for an older style strut, just like the gt500 mounts. But most camber plates are also almost triple the price.

Bocefus

Reaction score
yea, you do, but the camber plates are for an older style strut, just like the gt500 mounts. But most camber plates are also almost triple the price.

Yeah 340 for camber plates compared to 100 for GT500. Now im torn between steeda vs BMR Springs. :argh:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah 340 for camber plates compared to 100 for GT500. Now im torn between steeda vs BMR Springs. :argh:

This should make your choice a little easier:

Pick the spring that will cater to more of what you want to do..

The primary difference is the spring rate.

Steeda 200F/175R
BMR 165F/160R

The Steeda's will give you better handling performance, hands down.
The BMR will give you a more comfortable ride, and better traction improvement, while increasing handling slightly.

Both springs will fight Wheel-Hop. They will do so by stabilizing the axle more-so than the factory springs.

I could go on all day about the engineering behind our springs, but at the end of said day, it really depends on what is important to you. They will both give you a nice looking stance, which of course is always important.

If you have any specifics on our springs, just ask.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
OP, I run the BMR springs and drag race. I can't say they are a drag spring per se, but they do work well at the drag strip and give you the lowered stance. The steeda springs work well at the drag strip too, but not as well as the BMR's.

Both are going to make your car ride like it has lowered springs because well.. it will, haha.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Seer, I think the primary reason our springs (like we have discussed) are not working even better on your set-up is due to the height of your car up front. I think with atleast .250" higher ride height, it would change the way that car reacts drastically. I also think that may be one of the reasons you are having good results on the lowest setting on the CAB005's.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Seer, I think the primary reason our springs (like we have discussed) are not working even better on your set-up is due to the height of your car up front. I think with atleast .250" higher ride height, it would change the way that car reacts drastically. I also think that may be one of the reasons you are having good results on the lowest setting on the CAB005's.

Yea, although I think this weekend, its back to the middle setting.

I agree with you 100%, I am quite satisfied with the BMR Springs, even if my car is nose heavy. Which is why I can't wait for you to release a GT500 specific front :D

I see a lot of guys in the interim are running front FRPP L Springs with BMR Rears in the mean while, but I don't mind the crushed look. Now OP, if you went with BMR Springs you wouldn't be crushed in the front like I am. Your car isn't anywhere near as nose heavy, with my heat exchanger, heavier motor, supercharger and intercooler.

Bocefus

Reaction score
This should make your choice a little easier:

Pick the spring that will cater to more of what you want to do..

The primary difference is the spring rate.

Steeda 200F/175R
BMR 165F/160R

The Steeda's will give you better handling performance, hands down.
The BMR will give you a more comfortable ride, and better traction improvement, while increasing handling slightly.

Both springs will fight Wheel-Hop. They will do so by stabilizing the axle more-so than the factory springs.

I could go on all day about the engineering behind our springs, but at the end of said day, it really depends on what is important to you. They will both give you a nice looking stance, which of course is always important.

If you have any specifics on our springs, just ask.

Thanks Kelly, great customer service. You answer all my rookie questions on the phone and now providing some good information on here.

Thanks Seer and everyone else. I will prob stick with my orginial plan and roll all BMR with the exception of the Koni's

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
No problem.

If you ever need more info you know where I am.

Enjoy your modifications!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience the Str.t's are not a good shock/strut setup for drag racing. Ive changed mine out for adjustables.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sounds like you are off to a good start, OP. Welcome to the forum.

Your list looks good to me, but I'd personally go ahead and pick up the CC plates.

Bocefus

Reaction score
novice question, do you need gt500 upper strut mounts if you buy CC plates?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back