2014 Mustang won’t start

Chris1

Reaction score
2014 Mustang won't start. Dashlights come on but it won't turnover. First time I tried, it blew a starter relay fuse and the engine tired to turn over but failed.
I replaced the relay, battery, starter and fuses. Still not turning over.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Any recent mods, performance parts, accidents/issues, codes?

When you say you replaced battery, is it new & fully charged?

DieHarder

Reaction score
Found the section in an online manual that applies however the rest of the pages aren't there. I've seen another online manual that others have posted but don't have access to it. Maybe someone else does?

Sounds like there's a short somewhere. What did you last work on/touch/change/etc....? If you did anything to it go back and double check your work.

Chris1

Reaction score
Found the section in an online manual that applies however the rest of the pages aren't there. I've seen another online manual that others have posted but don't have access to it. Maybe someone else does?

Sounds like there's a short somewhere. What did you last work on/touch/change/etc....? If you did anything to it go back and double check your work.
The last time I worked on it was about 8 months ago.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Chris1,

Is anti-theft kicking in? Maybe the key is not talking to the anti-theft system. Got a spare key?

If you have a clutch there is a switch near the top of the pedal that prevents anything from turning over if it is not pressed. It may be out of place or not working.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

**edit:
Is there a fusible link in the hot wire to the starter? I don't know if Ford still uses this sort of thing (maybe they moved on to only fuses).
**end of edit.

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back