In need of help with crank no start

Squatch71

Reaction score
Ok i have a 2010 mustang gt 4.6 3v with a automatic.i was driving it and was behind somrone who was turning, i was slowing down and just about to a stop and the car was downshifting and as soon as the guy turned it shifterd in to first and at the same time i gassed it and it hit the rev limiter, it started stumbling and finally died and i coasted to a nearby parking lot.it tried to start a couple of times like it was on 2 cylinders and died then it quit trying to start and just turns over.i towed it home,the battery died from all the cranking so i charged it back up and of coarse the codes were not there when i scanned it.i had new coil packs so i replaced them all and new plugs,still wont start,so ive changed cam sensors,crank sensors amd fuel rail pressure sensor still no start so i checked and its not getting fire to the plugs but it has power at the coils, theres no codes,no blown fuses, fuel pump is working . Has anyone else had this problem and can toss out some places to check? The pcm is working ,had new key made thinking maybe the key broke.thanks in advance

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Would be nice to have some history 1st...any mods (performance, electrical, etc.)???

Squatch71

Reaction score
Rattler cams tune and a gear is all since ive had it,before me im unsure

Squatch71

Reaction score
Talked to ford tech,he thinks i bronke the tone ring on the crank that the sensor reads, im going to check it when i get home

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back