2015/2016 seats retrofitted to an s197

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
In short, can the 2016 seats be retrofitted to work with the s197 (2007 in my case) mounts, wiring, and airbags? Alternatively, can the foam and covers be placed on the s197 seat frames?

The long: I am looking for nice leather seats, but have been surprised with how many wrinkly poor cover installs I have seen lately, and I really want to get away from the OEM flat and ribbed look. I think the 2015/2016 seats finally did it right. So that rules out the Roush seats.

TMI looks to be the same as Canada Seat Skins, but only Canada offers a leather option, yet do not show pictures of the leather face option.

I checked with the go-to upholstery shop in my area, but he didn't even seem open to making custom seats and kept pushing TMI, and stated custom seats would cost 10 times the amount.

I really don't understand why a professional could not cut foam to properly fill a 2016 cover to fit the s197 frame.

The Katzkin website does not show the actual seat when selecting 2007, but ironically, the default placeholder image is exactly the style I am looking for.

Obviously there are many different preferences between us all, so I realize I am being picky here in pursuit of what I want for the shows as well as extra side support to handle the power comfortably.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dharper155

Reaction score
Default 2015/2016 seats retrofitted to an s197

I have the same question. I actually already bought the 2015 50th anniversary heated cool seats. Got a great deal on them! I'm determined to figure a way to make them work. The brackets are a bit different in the front but the same in rear of seats. The trickiest part is going to be getting the seats wired to function.

Boss all day

Reaction score
2006 s197

I am looking at doing the same thing my lumbar support bracket ripped out of the mount, giving me the perfect reason to buy some new seats and aftermarket seats are generally cheaply made and cost way too much imo. More info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back