2015 mustang interior spied

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I guess people don't understand that this is NOT a 2015 mustang, just certain parts being tested in a 2013 chassis.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess people don't understand that this is NOT a 2015 mustang, just certain parts being tested in a 2013 chassis.

Thats Blasphemy!!!! Everything on the interwebz is true!!!!!!

Oh and i wouldnt buy a new mustang with an IRS. SRA for me thank you.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bet they woudl never put a mish-mash of stuff in to mess with people and throw them of the real deal. And how do you thin kthat's going to be the next interior with no dash sculpting?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Ford has been using a three spoke steering wheel in the Mustang for 50 years. They aren't going to use that steering wheel in the new Mustang. And the wall of buttons in the center console is an abomination that belongs in something designed by GM.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is a safe bet though that Ford will use a stereo in the next Mustang that they already use in another platform.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
And you would be who I am talking about not understanding Fords future plans. Ford knows the domestic market is largely indifferent to the rear drive train layout. Who isn't is the rest of the Global market whom Ford is hoping will buy into a global Mustang. They won't and never will accept a live axle. Ford would be committing sales suicide by releasing a global Mustang with a live axle.

I also think you are confusing Mustang owners with enthusiasts. I think the overwhelming majority of enthusiasts don't mind or like the live axle. The average driver doesn't know much other than their Mustang rides like a pickup and not like their ex-blandandfwdeconobox.

I agree 100 percent on u thoughts on fords global plans althought with how expensive gas is in Europe n Asia I doubt people will be rushing to buy a mustang....maybe a fiesta. Also I'm not confusing enthusiasts and owners. Prob 95% of enthusiasts want a live axle, the other regular mustang buyer who is not an enthusiast does not buy a mustang because of the ride. They buy them because they're cool. In other words my neighbor just bought an 09 convertible, when I asked him why he bought the mustang he said because it was red n he wanted a convert for summer. He didn't even realize it had a 4.6 in it lol.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I bet they woudl never put a mish-mash of stuff in to mess with people and throw them of the real deal. And how do you thin kthat's going to be the next interior with no dash sculpting?

Lolz
2015stanginterior1kgped.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have the IRS....so long as it is hell-for-strong. It would accelerate (better traction), handle and ride a lot better.

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Ford has been using a three spoke steering wheel in the Mustang for 50 years. They aren't going to use that steering wheel in the new Mustang.

I think it's safe to say that Ford would not have a problem using something other than a three spoke steering wheel in a Mustang...

1971-74 Mustang:

1971-ford-mustang-boss-351-interior.jpg

1974-78 Mustang II

charlies-angels-tv-car-mustang-cobra-interior.jpg

Fox Body Mustangs ('79-93)

1988_Ford_Mustang_LX_5.0_Notchback_Coupe_Interior_1.jpg

Interior.jpg

SN95 Mustangs:

03_mustang_interior_hr.jpg

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New is nice, but I like the simplicity of the old-fashioned (!) debut S197 design.

Deimos

forum member
Reaction score
I would rather have IRS as well. Hell, if it showed up in the 2014 model year I would consider upgrading if possible.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that Ford would not have a problem using something other than a three spoke steering wheel in a Mustang...

1971-74 Mustang:

1971-ford-mustang-boss-351-interior.jpg

1974-78 Mustang II

charlies-angels-tv-car-mustang-cobra-interior.jpg

Fox Body Mustangs ('79-93)

1988_Ford_Mustang_LX_5.0_Notchback_Coupe_Interior_1.jpg

Interior.jpg

SN95 Mustangs:

03_mustang_interior_hr.jpg

very well put together post:thumb2:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot that Ford actually made something they called a Mustang between 1970 and 2005.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Australian Falcon IRS is supposed to be very robust and there's talk that might be the source for the next Mustang IRS.

BlueBolt

forum member
Reaction score
I wanna see ford bring the falcon to the US. That'd be awesome for the wife to drive!

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
The Australian Falcon IRS is supposed to be very robust and there's talk that might be the source for the next Mustang IRS.

Not even close to being a Control Blade IRS... Shocks are too large, springs too large, too much space above the diff. It's a nasty rumor but to be honest I wouldn't want it if I were you... it's robust, but extremely compromised in geometry... An analysis for your reading:

http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec-blog/?p=13173

Only gripe is that this guy thinks it's the best damn thing since sliced bread to have an IRS... obviously not completely true.

Back