2015 mustang interior spied

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Someone is gonna lose his job lol. Just talking about the new models makes me terrified for mine. We have a few at work right now.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Ugly ass interior so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
interior is poopoo and irs i'm iffy about i expect it to be lacking compared to sra for a few years until they perfect the all new suspension

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Well bye bye 8.8 Solid rear i guess.. And that interior looks like shit!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like we are going to have to start planning on releasing a SRA Swap package....

May as well throw a Torque Arm and Watts link in the mix....

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
The center dash looks like they took it out of the fiesta.

I reckon they did.... Or the Focus, can't think which one it is but I'm sure it's a pre-existing piece and probably not a fair look at what will be in there. IRS is interesting...

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
If you didn't see the live axle going away you are pretty ignorant to both Fords future plans and the demands of the every day driver. There is a very small crowd of people wanting the live axle to stay and pretty much the rest of the consumer base wants it gone. Accept it and deal with it.

That said I want to see the front suspension. The k member is different so I am hoping maybe Ford will give us a short and long arm front suspension but I am probably pissing in the wind hoping for that.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing the upper arm for the IRS. So far we haven't and that makes me nervous....

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
If you didn't see the live axle going away you are pretty ignorant to both Fords future plans and the demands of the every day driver. There is a very small crowd of people wanting the live axle to stay and pretty much the rest of the consumer base wants it gone. Accept it and deal with it.

I disagree. People who own mustangs I think overwhelming like the live axle IMO. Even an IRS is not gonna make the tanner fousts of the world buy one or respect one. What I'm trying to say is people are not going to be lining up by the thousands now because it will be a IRS. To say a small base wants it to stay and everyone else wants it gone is a little of an overstatement....maybe at an scca event.

Last edited:

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
The center dash looks like they took it out of the fiesta.

I reckon they did.... Or the Focus, can't think which one it is but I'm sure it's a pre-existing piece and probably not a fair look at what will be in there. IRS is interesting...

Not fiesta or focus, actually looks like it came out of a explore to me, I drive a focus lol, looks nothing like my center stack lol.

Is that a Taurus steering wheel? This can't be right....

Steering wheel looks like the focus wheel almost

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's not that bad. The camaro interior is far worse than that. I'm dissapointed in the rear, the ugliness has been minimized some but it's still there. Ford just keeps shoving that screwed up back end on us even though almost everyone I know thinks it's screwed up. This includes non Ford people.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
I disagree. People who own mustangs I think overwhelming like the live axle IMO. Even an IRS is not gonna make the tanner fousts of the world buy one or respect one. What I'm trying to say is people are not going to be lining up by the thousands now because it will be a IRS. To say a small base wants it to stay and everyone else wants it gone is a little of an overstatement....maybe at an scca event.

And you would be who I am talking about not understanding Fords future plans. Ford knows the domestic market is largely indifferent to the rear drive train layout. Who isn't is the rest of the Global market whom Ford is hoping will buy into a global Mustang. They won't and never will accept a live axle. Ford would be committing sales suicide by releasing a global Mustang with a live axle.

I also think you are confusing Mustang owners with enthusiasts. I think the overwhelming majority of enthusiasts don't mind or like the live axle. The average driver doesn't know much other than their Mustang rides like a pickup and not like their ex-blandandfwdeconobox.

Me personally I couldn't give two shits what it came with. The IRS will help with the weight distribution which helps handling but it isn't a magic bullet for good handling that Top Gear makes it out to be. I much prefer the simplicity of the live axle and its ability to put down power out of a corner to a more complex IRS. What I care about is the front suspension. Struts are fine are econocars and drag racers but working around their deficiencies in handling is tiresome. A proper short and long arm front suspension would go a long way to giving better front end tire grip and tire longevity.

Edit: I think we need to wait and see the interior renderings before judging. Ford has already said they want MyFord in every car and truck. It is quite possible this is a hardware test only and will eventually the look and feel will be changed when the interior design is finalized. This is after all a 2015 Mustang test mule made out of a 2013 chassis....

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back