$240 Exhaust updated video!!!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wait till you hear the flyby's!! I am so impressed with this setup. Quiet when you want it to be and friggin NASCAR when you get on it. LOL!

The new intake and tune made it sound even better than before!! The 2nd fly-by sounds sick as hell IMHO. Now cut me some slack cause I'm no commentator, but I am talking in a normal volume when the "in-car" portion of the video is playing and it's very easy to hear me. But when you get on the whoop-ass pedal, the exhaust just screams! I LOVE this setup. I like the fly-by from :39 to :42 the best! That's how it sounds all the time on the outside of the car just cruising in 5th gear at 55mph.

I went back and got my receipt out of the car and looked at the price of the exhaust.

Remove stock mufflers and weld in straight pipe: $70
Put really nice looking tips on the pipe at the bumper: $80
Remove stock H-Pipe and weld in generic X-pipe: $90

Total - $240

At first, I had them remove the stock tips from the mufflers and put those on. It looked ok, just not all that great. So I sprang for the better tips which are triple chrome plated, double walled 4" tips. It fills up the rear diffuser exhaust holes much better than the stock tips, which is the look I was going for. If you didn't get tips, then the overall exhaust would have only been $160.

Pics:

Tips.jpg

Tips3.jpg

And this one is a picture of the generic X-Pipe. If any one wants me too, I'll jack the car up and get a better picture of it. Stock headers, cats and resonators are still on the car.

X-Pipe.jpg

Now, here's my theory on why this setup sounds so friggin cool. The aftermarket X-Pipes are significantly longer than this one since they are made as a direct clamp-in product. This generic 2.75" X-Pipe is only about 18" long and is welded in. The resonators are still on the car, as are the stock cats, so I get the back pressure I need since the resonators are only 2.5" diameter on the inside.

This is all I'll do to the exhaust until my warranty expires. At that time, I'll add headers with H/F Cats and an H-Pipe with Cat-Back full 3" exhaust. If I'm going to go F/I, I'll make changes to the exhaust to better suit a S/C or turbo.

So, chime in and let me know what you think. Good or bad. I look forward to anyone's idea's, input or constructive criticism's.

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I think it sounds great. I also think it is neat as hell to see a grown man so excited over an exhaust set up. I'm the exact same way with my new GT and I'll be 45 next month. Everytime I get in the car I somehow feel like a kid again with the biggest shit eatin grin you'll ever see. It's funny how we get so much enjoyment out of the little things in life like having a really neat hotrod to tool around in.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
+1 sounds really good. I had straight pipes on mine before the long tubes and I loved the sound.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Sounds great! I gotta admit, I expected your Bama accent to be a lot thicker! I am from West Georgia so I definitely have a southern accent too.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sounds great! I gotta admit, I expected your Bama accent to be a lot thicker! I am from West Georgia so I definitely have a southern accent too.

I grew up in GA. First ten years we lived in East Point, out by the airport. When the gunfire got so bad my sister got hit in the leg in her room, we moved out to Stone Mountain and then three years later, out to Snellville/Grayson. I joined the Army from the Snellville recruiters office in 1989 and did my in-processing at the Atlanta MEPS.

Moving around all over the world for 21 years kind of diluted my Southern accent. The service has a way of doing that to people. You wanna hear redneck as hell accent, you should hear my brother talk. He's a dumbass redneck from hell, but you can't choose your family unfortunately.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan of deleting the mufflers as it usually leads to an unrefined sound, but man did you do a great job on this setup! Looks like those resonators and cats kept a nice tone. It sounds killer!!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan of deleting the mufflers as it usually leads to an unrefined sound, but man did you do a great job on this setup! Looks like those resonators and cats kept a nice tone. It sounds killer!!

Thanks brother!! I sure as hell enjoy driving this car around. Went out for a 30 minute cruise tonight just for shits and grins.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I think it sounds great. I also think it is neat as hell to see a grown man so excited over an exhaust set up. I'm the exact same way with my new GT and I'll be 45 next month. Everytime I get in the car I somehow feel like a kid again with the biggest shit eatin grin you'll ever see. It's funny how we get so much enjoyment out of the little things in life like having a really neat hotrod to tool around in.

Ya know, I was just saying to my wife that every time I get in this car, I feel like 21 instead of 41. All my worries slip away, the tone of exhaust making me forget the pain I'm in daily, the heads turning as I go by, the people coming up to me in parking lots asking to see the "beast" and most fun of all, my son wanting to ride every where he can with me and he's almost 17! He and I have put this car together so far with both of our input and sweat.

Anything that draws my kids closer to me is a great thing! My 20 year old daughter, ROLL TIDE!!!!, is a speed freak. She has four speeding tickets already and let me tell you what. That young lady picked up on stick shifting faster than any female I've ever seen! She'll do a burn out with the best of them and she will be grinning like crazy the whole time.

I knew I shouldn't have taken her sky diving and rock climbing with me all those years. She's as much of an adrenaline junkie as I am! As a matter of fact, she's a National Guard MP Second Lieutenant. She can't wait to graduate from Alabama so she can go active duty and get some combat time in the Middle East. Shit, that girl can hang with the handguns and rifles we have too. My son can just barely out-do her on everything except the rifle. She's a natural sniper.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I got pulled over by a cop today. I thought it was going to be for speeding. However, the first thing he said was, "What fuckin exhaust is that?" This led to a 20 minute roadside show and tell. Made a new friend and I know of at least one other 2011 Mustang that will be doing exactly what I've done. LOL!!!

Scared the hell out of me though. I had five guns in my car on my way back from shooting. I told him I had multiple handguns in the car and he asked, "You got a license to carry?" I said I did and that's the last he asked about it. Didn't even ask to see my carry permit.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
That's awesome! I had a similar experience last week. I had a patrol car sitting behind at the redlight. My car is fairly loud at idle with the o/r X and lope of the HR's and I was hoping it wouldn't draw unwanted attention. I took off very easily and he tailgated me for about a half mile. He then shot around me and pulled up beside me. He rolled his window down, gave me a big thumbs up, and shouted "YEEEAHHH!". I yelled thanks and then he sped away. Pretty cool!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Thats a very sweet drive by at the times you mentioned. I love hearing it! I had a cop pull me over for exhaust on my grand cherokee one time and he gave me a ticket and took my handgun back to his car. Sounds like you got the non d-bag.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm going to meet up with this cop I met yesterday at the local Ford dealer. He swears they will work a good price for him since he knows a couple people up there, but I seriously doubt it will be as good as the deal I got in Florida. Hell, even with the little bit of additional taxes it ended up costing me, $350, I still saved over $3500 from what the local dealership was asking. He's prior service and has USAA too though, so once he gets his feelings hurt by these local guys, I'll tell him to take his ass to Florida. LOL!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
it does sound really nice. well done sir!!

sounds awesome man

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the feed back! I'm loving this car more and more every mile I put on it.

My new cop friend bought a Black 2011 GT/CS. First thing he wants to do is order the 5.0 emblems to put on the fenders. I told him to use a small Dremel tool to cut the tabs off the back of them and then make sure to use my car to make a template for mounting them. He looked all cornfuzzeled and asked if I could help him. Dear Lord. I can see where this will end up going! If he is confused about mounting some emblems correctly, when he orders performance parts, I bet I'll be putting them on!!

Well, it's ALWAYS good to have a buddy on the local Police force!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back