possible clogged cat/lack of acceleration

cokewhitecoyote

Reaction score
I am almost certain I have a clogged cat, however I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if it could be something else. I got my 2011 coyote about 6 months ago, as this was my first fast car I had almost never floored it and more so eased into the throttle. A few months later I removed the mufflers and replaced it with filler pipe and tips, I soon noticed a rotten egg smell but the car drove as normal and my habits did not change. More recently I have become more comfortable driving the car and have floored it more often while driving. I have noticed if I rev out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all together the car drives just as expected, however if I drop down from say... 4th to 3rd and floor it around 3k rpm, it revs out to 4k smoothly and then the car seems to not pull as hard and kind of sits at 4500 rpm until revving out to 7k and slamming you in the seat, I did not notice this when driving before as the car seems to fall on its face when I floor it instead of 2/3rds throttle. If it is the cat is full straight piping a good idea? Is there a way to unclog the converter? I live in a state that does not have emissions testing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back