302 Stroker Kit?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought most were going with 298, I know you have to be careful over 300, pick a good engine builder.

T

TopNotch06GT

i have one jus wanna know what u guys think of it tho??

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
What Do You Guys Think Of It? Is It Worth It?

What are your plans? Why are you considering a stroker?

IMO, I really don't like strokers at all. In N/A trim, they are a waste of money. I have yet to see a stroker make good power N/A especially when compared to similar modded stock stroke configurations. Strokers are not a fan of high RPM, they are usually done making HP at around 4000 RPM in N/A trim. A centrifugal SC can overcome that to some degree but I don't think it is the best approach for this type of SC.

That said they work well with a positive displaced supercharger( Kenne Bell, Whipple, Roush ). This is where a stroker shines and if I was going to go with a PD SC, I might consider a stroker. If I ever do this it would be a Big-Bore Stroker though.

However what I do like if you are considering larger displacement, Big-Bores are a great way to go with any combination. They are pricey but compliment mods very well. Using stock parts N/A, they gain about 30 RWHP across the board.

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
There's no replacement for displacement, but i you're spending the money, make sure you get the valvetrain and heads reworked also.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless you are going for a dedicated track car, I would NOT do a 302. With a 302 - you have to lose the knock sensors. With the right clearance, you can keep them with a 298 and is the reason most of the big builders recommend a 298 for a street/strip car.

Trust me, you WANT to have those knock sensors. The extra 4 cubes are in no way worth the risk IMO.

BTW: I had a 302 on my last motor and the current one is a 298. The difference is very noticable on idle and overall performance. When I had the 302 - you knew I had a stroker. The current 298 is tight and runs/sounds like stock. Now a lot of the slap or 'stroker noise' is attributed to how well the builder puts the motor together but the knock sensors are a definite loss with the 302 regardless of the builder.

Last edited:
T

TopNotch06GT

0oh well the builder by the way is Adam at ST MOTORSPORTS in Riverside....he is a very trustworthy engine builder he knows wat i want so....but thank you guys i appreciate the feedback

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If Adam is doing your build, I can pretty much garuntee you won't be getting a 302 stroke. You'll be getting a 298.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, he is Mark.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
INfamous is more like it...lol

I know because Adam knows about losing the knock sensors as we discovered on my first rebuild when I did a 302 and he would not let a customer car out of his shop without the knock sensors enabled on a street tune again...:thumb:

T

TopNotch06GT

hahaha ok now i kno who u are well watever im geting its good for a 19 year old

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back