6r80 swap shifter

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck yet that has done the swap with an aftermarket shifter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
MGW. It went in the day after I bought the car new in 2014. It has been flawless for 30K miles and coming up on 5 years. You won't find a better made shifter.

I bought my Mustang in Augusta, GA. Drove my pickup with trailer to Ga. to buy it. Left my truck at the dealer and drove the Mustang to MGW to pick up my shifter in person, then drove back to the dealer to load up the car and tow it back to Orlando. I also had an MGW on my 2009 Bullitt.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
He's looking for info on an automatic shifter for the 6R80 trans swapped into an earlier s197 . Currently still no option I know of other than what is discussed in the swap thread in another section here

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
He's looking for info on an automatic shifter for the 6R80 trans swapped into an earlier s197 . Currently still no option I know of other than what is discussed in the swap thread in another section here

Ya sorry I should have clarified better. Can’t believe something not out there yet. Would love a tci or something in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forum member
Reaction score
I am using a stock shifter in my 2006. What don't you like about stock? Why won't the TCI Street Fighter work?

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
I am using a stock shifter in my 2006. What don't you like about stock? Why won't the TCI Street Fighter work?

I just like that aggressive racecar look. I was told no aftermarket one will work because of cable length.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
I just like that aggressive racecar look. I was told no aftermarket one will work because of cable length.

TCI makes a shifter for the 2011 6R ..

For $550, I'll pass.

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/streetfighterr-2010-12-ford-mustang-ratchet-shifterhtml/

I was thinking about installing paddle shifters on mine which would make the shifter irrelevant but after seeing how much of a PITA they are on my 2018 10R I'm going to figure out a way to make a bump shifter ..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back