6R80 transbrake you say?

ecoboost

Banned
Reaction score
What makes you think one holds better than the other? Did you see Chris's car budge at all? Honest question.
Honestly if you think it's right how he posted it up, wire it up

If the eceboost runs a 6R80 it's probably the same. Pinout might be a bit different at the ecu.

Just watching kdanner vid you see the instant hold at 4k. In chris video you hear him stage and playing with throttle like its not working as should. Watching turbo cars they come up on the tbrake same as others. Yes they build boost but still on tbrake. Not feathering throttle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

ecoboost

Banned
Reaction score
Also will not be doing anything in near future to the truck. It has 233 miles on it as of yesterday

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Don't the f150's have a TCM separate from the ECM, not sure how that would play into strategy and wiring.

This kind of makes me want an ecoboost f150 more now...damnit

Trucks with these ZF type trans did have a TCM back before they started putting them in vehicles like Mustang. No TCM since at least 2011 in F150, so ecoboost wouldn't have one.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Am I wrong Danner? Will your good transbrake version hold if you hammer it without a two step?

Just watching kdanner vid you see the instant hold at 4k. In chris video you hear him stage and playing with throttle like its not working as should. Watching turbo cars they come up on the tbrake same as others. Yes they build boost but still on tbrake. Not feathering throttle.

Fair enough. It'll look different when he gets some more seat time. But a converter for a turbo will never shoot up like his vid. It will come up then slow, then build boost from the load.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

Every big dick daddy turbo car I've ever watched at the line build boost gradually playing with the throttle. At the last second or two they go up against the limiter (whatever it is set at) then they release the button and launch. Not taking sides here but your above statement couldn't be further from the truth....

ecoboost

Banned
Reaction score
Every big dick daddy turbo car I've ever watched at the line build boost gradually playing with the throttle. At the last second or two they go up against the limiter (whatever it is set at) then they release the button and launch. Not taking sides here but your above statement couldn't be further from the truth....

They don't feather it like that. Yes they build boot. But they don't sit and feather like he did. They press the gas period to build to what they want already on brake. Then inch forward and release. For instance here in vid below. He isn't feathering it. He mashes it on the 2 step and tbrake holds. He don't press and feather it. Sitting on it builds the boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORuB6yXKiM

Last edited by a moderator:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score

Quoted for the truth.

That's where something like this comes into use.
http://www.leashelectronics.com/Pulse-Leash-push-button-staging-system-PL2000.htm

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of guys over heat and destroy transmissions in turbo cars like that too... Just ask me how I know.

In that video the notch foot braked into the beam, popped the 2nd bulb and then grabbed the tbrake.

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
They don't feather it like that. Yes they build boot. But they don't sit and feather like he did.
Depends on the car. Some can do that. Some stand on the bumper when they do lol. Pushing into the beams, flooring it and waiting for the other deiver is something you just won't see w a turbo cars do. It's an easy way to get burned down and lose a tranny

Dustin send me your magical box and I will test it, for free.
I could use another tester but need something w more torque than Chris is making. Probably the white car after the first of the year. The one that made "1080" on Evos dyno lol

Last edited:

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Guys was I using a two step? Everyone seems to know what I was doing besides me I guess. Just wondering.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ecoboost

Banned
Reaction score
Chris5.0 make another vid of it actually sitting on the tbrake at 4k building boost.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Do you understand a trans brake.. his vid clearly showed it on the brake building boost :thud: then didn't you read the previous posts.. the converter will only stall to 3500

ecoboost

Banned
Reaction score
His vid shows his feathering the throttle and not really holding rpm on tbe tbrake. So either way he should be able show vid of it holding at 3500. Actually looking at tach.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
His vid shows his feathering the throttle and not really holding rpm on tbe tbrake. So either way he should be able show vid of it holding at 3500. Actually looking at tach.

Its been stated that torque is what would cause it to push through the brake, not rpm. A turbo coyote makes a shit load more torque compared to a n/a coyote. On top of that its hard as hell to hold back a turbo car because the turbo will keep trying to make power where a n/a car will not. So I don't see why your so worriwd about that.

Obviously its working.. the car is stopped and its building boost.

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I was trully on the converter with no 2 step. I did not need a 2 step to stop n/a power from pushing through the brake. Mine holds turbo power lol

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I was trully on the converter with no 2 step. I did not need a 2 step to stop n/a power from pushing through the brake. Mine holds turbo power lol

Doesn't seem to be working too well, 60 foot is the same as my NA footbrake car. In fact the ET is about the same too. Where's the power?

TurboFocus

forum member
Reaction score

I was there at the track watching Chris run, he made about 6 or more passes dialing in the transbrake. He showed a couple of us in the staging lane thats it works. he hit the button and it went on the 2-step and built 5psi (this was before he lowered the 2step)

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back