stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
"you have chosen wisely my son" - Grail Knight

Mark - enjoy the stang.... its one bad a$$ ride!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
"you have chosen wisely my son" - Grail Knight
Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:

Mark, you and I have had numerous conversations about this over the past few years, and I always got the feeling that you would be much happier with a strong running DD. Am I wrong?

If you want a "race car"... build a race car on the side. But keeping your Stang streetable will provide you with a ton 'o fun that you can't have if it's always in the shop waiting for that next new gizmo to arrive to add to it. It doesn't have to be the baddest car on the planet to be fun.

I'm glad to hear that you let common sense win this battle, and that owning/driving a low 10-sec street car is nothing to sneeze at.

See ya at the track some day... and if we line up next to each other, I'm leaving on the top bulb so I can beat your ass to the stripe. :moon2:

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Cale arsonen has his 05 Roller for sale, 30 K I think. not bad for a SKRC outlaw car! you can drop the 330 and whip in that!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:

Mark, you and I have had numerous conversations about this over the past few years, and I always got the feeling that you would be much happier with a strong running DD. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong at all, my friend. I felt as though a load had been lifted off my shoulders farting around with the car on the street last night in it's DD set-up.:clap:

If you want a "race car"... build a race car on the side. But keeping your Stang streetable will provide you with a ton 'o fun that you can't have if it's always in the shop waiting for that next new gizmo to arrive to add to it. It doesn't have to be the baddest car on the planet to be fun.

I'm glad to hear that you let common sense win this battle, and that owning/driving a low 10-sec street car is nothing to sneeze at.

Absolutely. My 'DD' was still the fastest car at the track last night by a long shot...:partyguy:

See ya at the track some day... and if we line up next to each other, I'm leaving on the top bulb so I can beat your ass to the stripe. :moon2:

Then we are going to get laughed at cause since you let it slip - I'm leaving on the top as well...:moon2:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cale arsonen has his 05 Roller for sale, 30 K I think. not bad for a SKRC outlaw car! you can drop the 330 and whip in that!

Big thanks for the info - Do you have some contact info for him? (you can PM)

Mark

don_w

Reaction score
Absolutely. My 'DD' was still the fastest car at the track last night by a long shot...:partyguy:
That may be true at Irwindale or Qualcomm, but come to Barona if you want to be humbled. There are enough 4-sec and 5-sec cars there to make us all look "slow". haha

Then we are going to get laughed at cause since you let it slip - I'm leaving on the top as well...:moon2:
In that case, I'll leave on time, and then just claim you cheated. :moon2:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That may be true at Irwindale or Qualcomm, but come to Barona if you want to be humbled. There are enough 4-sec and 5-sec cars there to make us all look "slow". haha

No doubt. There was some monsters at Irwindale last night as well. It was the most packed I had ever seen it. I was of course talking about street driven cars...:samuri:

In that case, I'll leave on time, and then just claim you cheated. :moon2:

Hmmm - Wow we'll just have to guess what each other will do....:evil:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Cale's car is considerably more than $30K but if you want his number check your PM's. It is a Skinny Kid car and available either roller or complete with 698" Thor-headed Kaase engine and two Liberty clutchless transmissions.

300hpgt

Reaction score
Mark,

Read the whole thread and couldnt help but smile at the fact that you kept your car. I was about to go to irwindale last night too! Just got my diff fixed with a new set of gears by Adam too. Wish I could have seen your car run. But now I am sure I will see it run more. Car looked good torn apart 3 days ago BTW. hehe. What were they working on since this is my first post on this forum.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First of all - welcome to the forum...:beer:

Electrical problems - you name it and it was happening. Main harness issues, 02 sensors issues, cam sensor issues, oil sensor issues, electrical fire in 2 relay boxes, grounding wire in main harness, etc. etc.

Being a 'computer car' the electrical lead to everything running like crap and appearing almost 'untunable'. Couldn't idle, rev, or spin for crap. 2 solid weeks of one fix and then another springing up. Ended up re-wiring the entire car and replacing the alt and every fuse and relay had to be rewired into a custom set-up cause I had too many mods for the factory set-up power supply and feeds.

All in all - a NIGHTMARE...LOL

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cale's car is considerably more than $30K but if you want his number check your PM's. It is a Skinny Kid car and available either roller or complete with 698" Thor-headed Kaase engine and two Liberty clutchless transmissions.

Thanks SD - I'm actually going to call him on Monday and let you know how it goes.

Mark

don_w

Reaction score
Mark,

Read the whole thread and couldnt help but smile at the fact that you kept your car. I was about to go to irwindale last night too! Just got my diff fixed with a new set of gears by Adam too. Wish I could have seen your car run. But now I am sure I will see it run more. Car looked good torn apart 3 days ago BTW. hehe. What were they working on since this is my first post on this forum.
Robert... is that you??

Welcome to the forum!! :beer:

I was of course talking about street driven cars...:samuri:
yea, I know... There aren't many 6-sec street driven cars at Barona either. But I plan to be one of them soon enough!

Hmmm - Wow we'll just have to guess what each other will do....:evil:
LOL... eeney, meeney, miney... GO

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think you made the right decision as well:partyguy:
Just enjoy that beast!

Thanks, John. Can't wait till your down again to pick up your beast. Make sure it's a track day so we can hang out. It would be cool if it works out being a cal speedway weekend. We can run at Irwindale thursday night and then hit the 1/4 on saturday before you split...:rockband:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, John. Can't wait till your down again to pick up your beast. Make sure it's a track day so we can hang out. It would be cool if it works out being a cal speedway weekend. We can run at Irwindale thursday night and then hit the 1/4 on saturday before you split...:rockband:

Yeah, so you all can laugh at my drag racing impotence:naughty:
:clap:
I will be ready to pick it up after May 16th, so when are the next dates that match up?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good choice Mark! That car is a fuckin' beast, and I don't think anyone else could appreciate it as much as you. Especially with all the trial and error bullshit you've gotten yourself into.

I crack up every time you mention that it's a daily driver, yet you've only had it for 6 months out of the last year and a half! Maybe you should change it to daily wrenched and rarely driven...LOL!

Congrats on the decision! I'd like to see what you can get out of a new Challenger when they come out! <FLAME SUIT ON>

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the decision! I'd like to see what you can get out of a new Challenger when they come out! <FLAME SUIT ON>

Whatchew mean "when" they come out?

This was in the parking lot of a local resturant over the weekend.
IMG00105.jpg

IMG00106.jpg

That car makes my sticker peck up.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want one of those cars, but I have too many vehicles already.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back