Aeroforce Interceptor and Wideband?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My AM Cobalt wideband is fried and AM is sending me a new one with a new sensor. I'm thinking about selling it and getting the Aeroforce Interceptor and Innovate LC1 w/ sensor. Thoughts?

DoctorQ

Reaction score
I've been researching widebands and scan-gauges last few weeks... here's my 2 cents:

1. Innovate LC-1 near the top of my list... excellent quality/reputation and 0-5v analog out integrates nicely with Aeroforce Interceptor gauge.

2. Aeroforce is coming out (sometime this summer) with their own wideband O2 sensor and controller which (per Aeroforce sales) will be priced below the LC-1. Also, plugs right into back of Interceptor gauge.

3. If you haven't already reviewed the PLX wideband solutions, take a look. They just introduced a 52mm OLED OBDII PCM scan gauge (shipping 7/15) which will house nicely in any 52mm pod (currently, they only have the 60mm OBDII scan gauge). What's really nice about this gauge is that not only can you view 4 PCM parameters on one screen, but you can pull any of the PCM parameters over individually into various gauge formats (analog needle style, digital, plot-graph, or custom gauge, which you can design). Only thing is you need their proprietary O2 sensor and controller to use gauge. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Aeroforce, but you are basically stuck with the dual digital style readout.. whereas the PLX gives you many more display options.

http://www.plxdevices.com/products/dm100obd/

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Aeroforce dual guage owner here...... love the guages. Been waiting almost a year for the wideband add-on. Hopefully, they do make it as I've been told several times that it's almost finished or will be released soon- but nothing yet.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the dual is the same gauge set up twice....

4 displays....

aeroforcecloseupbo4.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aeroforce dual guage owner here...... love the guages. Been waiting almost a year for the wideband add-on. Hopefully, they do make it as I've been told several times that it's almost finished or will be released soon- but nothing yet.

Why haven't you gone with the Innovate LC1?

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Just wanting to see what Aeroforce comes out with....

SPAWN

Reaction score
Running the PLX here and love it not to bad to install and has a data out for dyno tuning ease.

Last edited:

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the PLX gauge and i'm hooked!! going to drop the cash on a wideband compbo and boost/VAC. Only annoying thing is where to mount these big ass controller boxes it uses.

DoctorQ

Reaction score
I've been looking at the PLX gauge and i'm hooked!! going to drop the cash on a wideband compbo and boost/VAC. Only annoying thing is where to mount these big ass controller boxes it uses.

agree... but really depends how many sensor boxes you're running. The box itself is not too large (2" x 2.8" x 1.1"). Some folks are mounting single boxes in driver's side kick panel, passenger side footwell, engine compartment. I guess you could even mount under seats (like an amp).

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess as a stand alone gauge (Aeroforce) with their own sensors this would be good, but I'm having second thoughts on piecing a wideband together, i.e., Aeroforce gauge and LC1. My thoughts are if something goes bad with the wideband, you have two companies to deal with to determine what's wrong and how to fix it. I can see why tom281 is waiting to see what they come out with. The PLX is intriguing, but if adding additional sensors, it sure has a lot of different pieces to trouble shoot if/when something craps out.

DoctorQ

Reaction score
I guess as a stand alone gauge (Aeroforce) with their own sensors this would be good, but I'm having second thoughts on piecing a wideband together, i.e., Aeroforce gauge and LC1. My thoughts are if something goes bad with the wideband, you have two companies to deal with to determine what's wrong and how to fix it. I can see why tom281 is waiting to see what they come out with. The PLX is intriguing, but if adding additional sensors, it sure has a lot of different pieces to trouble shoot if/when something craps out.

If you're only interested in a scan gauge (like the Aeroforce interceptor), you'll only need one PLX module (the DM-100 OBDII Display Module)... as it reads the sensors off the PCM. But you have a good point if you plan to add additional sensor (wideband O2, Exhaust Gas Temp, Fluid Temp, Vac/Boost) that will feed into a single gauge (DM-100). All the sensor modules will need to be serially linked. On the other hand, if you're planning on measuring multiple sensors, any other solution would require various individual sensors/controllers as well... which won't be able to communicate with each other. Pick your poison.

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just looked at VEI digital Gauges today as well, they look like a good reasonably priced option as well. Anyone want to chime in on these?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back