Aeromotive A1000 install

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Man, nothing makes a guy feel worse than all of the forums and articles stating how easy it is to install something, and then spending 6+ hours and still coming up short.

How the F is anyone supposed to connect the fuel lines on this PoS while it is in the car covered up by the sheet metal from the car body above the tank?

morrowstang95

forum member
Reaction score
Take out the back seat and pull up the big round rubber plug on the driver side. It'll be staring you in the face.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
LoL - thanks bro. Fortunately, those two pieces of wisdom are in the Aeromotive instructions and all over the internet. The issue is that the circular cut-out in the body sheet metal to access the fuel pump top-hat slightly overhangs the top hat - making it rather tricky to squeeze the big fat A1000 past it while also not damaging the fuel level sending unit and being able to connect the quick disconnect on the fuel line from the other side of the saddle tank. Biggest PITA be a country mile of the entire coyote swap was doing that fuel pump install....

When I wrote the post last night, I had already swapped the fuel pump into place but was pulling my hair out trying to figure out who in the world (besides my 4 month year old baby) could possibly have small enough hands to thread on the AN-08 hose to the Aeromotive Top Hat with that horribly placed circular cut out being offset and so close to the top of the fuel pump. Their is literally 'barely' enough room for the giant AN-08 fitting hex nut to turn beneath the sheet metal, let alone your hand get in there and do the threading. See picture below

IMG_0645.jpg

That said, I did find the trick after abandoning hope of getting it installed with the tank in place.

TIP TO ALL AEROMOTIVE A1000 INSTALLERS: There are two torx bolts that hold the support straps on your fuel tank beneath your car. Just loosen them both up (and maybe even remove the driver side support bolt entirely) and the tank will drop down a few inches to give your hands clearance to thread on the fittings. Also would have made navigating the massive A1000 fuel pump into the hole a million times easier had I thought of it during that part of the install.

Thanks,
Austin

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol sorry to laugh at this one but we all have these days bro. What morrow said pull the back seat lower have a beer and laugh then get mad then laugh some more

Damn treed me lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back