Aftermarket HE on Saleen S/C'd car

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
05mustang_kb_charged,

Im not 100% sure but the pump should be able to be used.

Clay,

That shouldnt be a problem man, ill check into it for you!

Zman,

Ill get you price in info asap!

JimIII

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
05mustang_kb_charged,

Im not 100% sure but the pump should be able to be used.

Clay,

That shouldnt be a problem man, ill check into it for you!

Zman,

Ill get you price in info asap!

JimIII

Thank you very much!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Carlos and the guys at Speedlab and they are working on getting me part #s , prices, and availability for these parts! They are going to be able to be sold seperatley and will be offered exclusivley through JDM Engineering!

Parts that will be available as a kit and sold seperatly!...

Saleen 08 Extreme Heat Exchanger
Heat Exchanger Brackets and hardware
Heat Exchanger coolant hoses (larger than stock)
Saleen 08 Extreme Intercooler Pump

Ill be getting information ready throughout the weekend and next week. IF your interested please contact me and ill get you on a list for when these become available! 732-780-0770 or [email protected]

The reports I have gotten from the guys at Saleen is that when they would drive a car from the Speedlab facility in Irvine to their local dyno they would normally have temperatures of 130 degrees by the time they got to the dyno. Then they would cool the car down with fans and ice and make pulls. In between every other dyno pull they would have to reapply the fans and ice. Showing the serious affects of heat soak.

With the new 08 Heat Exchanger in place they were able to bring the car to the dyno, make as many pulls as they wanted and temperatures never even came close to 130 degrees! The average difference was approximatley 30 degrees in varying conditions. On the highway is the most apparent. If you make a long hard blast down the highway your temps will normally skyrocket. If its a summers day forget about it! With the larger HE in place temperatures are sustained and result in sustained higher HP levels!

Cooler temperatures also result in less chance for detonation. There is no reason not have an upgraded Heat Exchanger. With vehicles located in the south or warmer climate regions this is a "must have" upgrade!

thanks,

JimIII @ JDM

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Within a few weeks here we will be getting the exclusive on Saleen's 2008 Extreme Heat Exchanger and pump assembly. This unit is approximatley the same size as most aftermarket heat exchangers and is a direct fit for the Saleen cooling lines. The pump is also larger and capable of flowing more fluid! The best thing is its going to be fairly cheap!! The brackets and hardware come with as well. I believe these are going to come in black just like the stock units.

JimIII

Is the pump still mounted very low in the fenderwell with the electrical connection as the lowest part of the assembly, just begging for my dumb ass to scrape a curb and damage the electric connection????

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is the pump still mounted very low in the fenderwell with the electrical connection as the lowest part of the assembly, just begging for my dumb ass to scrape a curb and damage the electric connection????

That or could one just move the location when putting the new pump in to avoid that problem?

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
jim...I live in sunny florida so I would definitely be interested in heat exchanger etc..please put me on the list...TJ

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back