Vorshlag Gen2 Coyote Swap in 2010 Mustang GT Road Race car

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes we have made a number of one-off, full width, tubular bumper beams that are both curved and bent to fit.

IMG_3428-S.jpg
IMG_6388-S.jpg

There is a lot of custom fiddling to make these fit correctly, mount the bumper cover to, etc. As Jason mentioned we do this to be able to make custom splitter mounts, oil cooler, mounts, make more room for rolled radiators, etc.

IMG_3623-S.jpg
DSCN0437-S.jpg

We have had a number of requests to replicate these for the S197 and I have been slowly staffing up to be able to tackle turning these fab-intensive one-off jobs like this into production versions. The S197 is likely the first one we will replicate, then the S550, then go back and attack ones like the BMW E46, 86, and some others.

DSCN0520-L.jpg

We've had some of our customer cars crash into other cars with these wider bumper beams and they fared much better than the cars with narrow versions or stock bumper beams. There are good reasons to do this....

More soon,

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We've had some of our customer cars crash into other cars with these wider bumper beams and they fared much better than the cars with narrow versions or stock bumper beams. There are good reasons to do this....

More soon,

That was my next question, and that kind of makes me want one. What's the weight compared to stock? Any idea?

Also, the white S197 has mismatched headlights, and now my automotive OCD is making my eye twitch.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The extra room for mega sized intercoolers looks enticing. The possibilities of the extra space between the radiator and the engine would be so nice for us turbo guys as well.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
The extra room for mega sized intercoolers looks enticing. The possibilities of the extra space between the radiator and the engine would be so nice for us turbo guys as well.

Agreed.

With heat exchangers for the S197 getting bigger and better (ala DOB Titantic and Super Single), it would be good to be able to open the bumper up a little. That obviously means plastic/fiberglass fabrication in addition to the bumper bar, but there is potential for a badass look and functionality. Imagine that lower grill area on the S197 being made taller and revealing more of a good looking HE.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Those vacuum diaphragms you guys were talking about activate the Intake manifold runners controls (IMRC) and have nothing to do with the VVT.
They open the butterflies in the intake about 3700rpm.
The VVT lock outs you were talking about are for when larger cams are used and you have an unskilled tuner who doesn’t understand enough about the coyote and can not chance the timing events properly or if you are using a gen1 where you have less control over the VVT system.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back