Aircraft Picture Thread

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
can I ask a dumb question here... just how many missiles does the F-35 have? 6, 8? What happens after those have gone? Especially since (IIRC) the top brass want this plane to also replace the A-10.....

This is what I don't understand. Why do we need a stealth fighter to do ground support missions that will streak across the battle field in seconds and is expensive to replace and can't take a beating (more than likely)? It makes no sense to me.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Interesting, I would've imagined it to be higher to avoid commercial and common airspace. Certainly interesting.

That's what I was thinking too. Wouldn't be good news to hear, the Stratolaunch just shot a satellite into United Airlines.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll just put up a TFR like any other rocket launch

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah but for the most part. Those are in the same location everytime.

I would just figure they'd go to mid 40s or low 50s. Just from a civilian guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
You start losing a lot of lift and efficiency when you get up that high. They'd probably block off some sort of airspace off the coast just like they were doing with the hypersonic tests a couple years back.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You see the width of that wingspan? That is to get it to 30,000, if they wanted to try for higher I don't think they could make it wide enough. Remember this is basically a straight wing at relatively slow speed, it takes a lot of surface area to keep it up at that altitude, the flight envelope is very narrow at 30,000ft.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, skydiving event is going to have a CASA. I've never jumped, yet alone flown in a tailgate. This should be fun. Good change from the regular beech 99 or king air.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
dU4LqLL.gif

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some of those rocket shots were a failed experiment in the 80's for the Iran hostage rescue mission. They didn't always work as planed.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Eh, it can't hover. It's ok, I've got you covered on that one.

As a kid, I always thought it was the norm for helos and such to just hover.

Now that I am older and fly wings on a regular basis, I find it funny how inefficient and stressful it is on the helo or anything to just hover and fly vertically.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
As a kid, I always thought it was the norm for helos and such to just hover.

Now that I am older and fly wings on a regular basis, I find it funny how inefficient and stressful it is on the helo or anything to just hover and fly vertically.

But why do that when you can do both? =D
PAV2203h.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back