Airlift water trap

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
So I finished my airlift install last weekend. On Sunday I pressured up the system. 60 psi front 60 psi rear and 150 psi in tank. When I got home today front and rear were still at 60 psi. Tank was at 117 psi. So I just checked for leaks at tank turns out the leak is at the water trap joint where the trap is assembled as noted in pic. My question is the trap serviceable as in can I take it apart and seal it with Teflon tape or do I need to get a hold of airlift and see if they will replace it.

Attachments

• 20170609_212454.jpg
    20170609_212454.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 11

travelers

Reaction score
I would call them first, and if it is serviceable then I would use some Teflon Loctite 592 sealant not tape.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have that style water trap but it is not installed. I took a look at it and unscrewed the bottom, there does not appear to be any type of O-Ring or sealant used in a new one. I assume you have already tried tightening the two haves?

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
I have that style water trap but it is not installed. I took a look at it and unscrewed the bottom, there does not appear to be any type of O-Ring or sealant used in a new one. I assume you have already tried tightening the two haves?

I have tried and nothing. I wasn't sure if it was pressed together or screwed together. Now that i know it is screwwd together I will disassemble it and put some teflon paste on it and see what happens.
Thanks scott.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, if it can be tightened I would try that first before teflon tape/paste as it did not look like it was designed as a pipe thread/whatever.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll try that first. If tightening doesn't work maybe I'll just wait till Monday so I can get a hold of airlift.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
I was able to get about 1/4 turn with my big slip joint pliers. Right now it seems to be holding pressure. Moore bubbles when I spray it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back