Pacesetter off-road x-pipe fitment update

Ryan D

Reaction score
A couple folks asked for an update on fitment when I got around to putting on my pacesetter off road X from Summit. Got in on this afternoon, fitment was perfect. Removing the factory catted H, not so fun, but the new pipe fits perfect. I will warn you, the bung on for the passenger side front o2 sensor is just slightly lower than factory, and the sensor lead is JUST long enough if you unsnap the connection from the holder to give it another 1/2 inch of room. Welded in a bung on the vertical part of the driver side for my wideband, and cut the rear O2’s loose just past the plug so the car side connection stays clean in the case I should ever want to run rear o2 sensors again. Only issue I had is a tiny exhaust leak at the butt joint clamp between the x and the exhaust pipe on the passenger side. I put a couple more ugga duggas on the cordless impact and it seems to have solved it. If it returns, I’ll probably put one round of exhaust repair tape around the joint and then slip the clamp back over that. Sounds like it should now, if I get the feeling it’s a little too much at times, I’ll put a set of flowmasters or something on and put electric cutouts ahead of the X. Plenty of room now. Was pointless to do them before since you had to put them after the cats, wouldn’t have sounded any different than it already sounded with the cats and MBRP axle back with no mufflers. Just barely ran it long enough in the shop to start getting a little whiff of grape fuel additive scent. Will put a few miles on it Sunday and see how she goes.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
electric cutouts ahead of the X.
I tried to run open headers once. Engine ran dangerously lean and would not rev. I added 18” extensions and the engine was still lean but would reach redline. Barely! It was not safe and in time it would have expired. Dumps might be OK with longer extensions or after the X but close to the collector the fuel requirements are clearly affected.

Last edited:

Ryan D

Reaction score
I tried to run open headers once. Engine ran dangerously lean and would not rev. I added 18” extensions and the engine was still lean but would reach redline. Barely! It was not safe and in time it would have expired. Dumps might be OK with longer extensions or after the X but close to the collector the fuel requirements are clearly affected.
I will watch my wideband when I take it out tomorrow and see how it behaves. May need to add a little fuel possibly. If that turns out to be the case and I wind up doing the mufflers and cutouts, I’ll just have build a richer tune for use when the cutouts are open.

Ryan D

Reaction score

You do NOT exaggerate. Mine runs all the way out the back, Runs extremely lean from 1000-3000 rpm or so. Seems like if you hold it above 3K it runs just slightly lean, but I had it go off the scale on decel or light accel below 3K several times in about 5 miles. Will have to dig into the tune and add some fuel and get it a little safer so I can pull a log on it and fine tune it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back