Alcantara re-wrap for 05-09 IUP steering wheel

theomega

Reaction score
Hey guys. A little while ago, I completed this steering wheel re-wrap project for a friend of mine who happens to be a forum member here. For those that are interested, I'd like to provide the same service.

hbRNX.jpg

Details:

I'm offering a black Alcantara/black stitching re-wrap service for the 05-09 Mustang IUP steering wheel; pretty much the exact thing you see above. I'll try to get more pictures of this wheel posted soon. I start by removing the existing leather from the wheel. I replace it with a sheet of genuine Alcantara fabric and hand-stitch the wheel back together. I use the same black nylon thread and baseball-style stitch as the factory leather wheel. The objective of the project is a clean OEM style and finish.

I have confidence that my workmanship will last as long as any potential owners have their wheels. I do my best to make sure anything I send out is to my own personal standards but if any owners experience workmanship-related issues with my wheels, I'll gladly have them shipped back and repaired as needed at my expense.

The fabric is solid black authentic Alcantara. I use this stuff in my own car and I am sure that it will last as long as leather with the proper maintenance. That being said, it is a fabric that must be maintained regularly. While I can warranty my own work, the maintenance of the Alcantara will be the responsibility of the owner. I highly recommend any interested parties do their research into the benefits and requirements of having an Alcantara product, especially on a regularly handled item like a steering wheel.

Cost: $180 via Paypal or personal check

This price includes the materials, labor and return shipping to the owner.

How Long Does it Take:

Your 05-09 IUP steering wheel will need to be removed from the car and shipped to me(minus the airbag). I do not have a core steering wheel to send out. I do these projects on my own time and the usual turnaround will be about a week at which point the completed wheel will be shipped back to you. Because of how long these re-wraps take, if I have one or more concurrent projects in the pipeline, I will ask to defer new orders until I can finish existing projects.

Feel free to come at me with any questions or about getting one started through either PM or at [email protected]
Thanks for looking!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you can get your hands on a steering wheel and use that as your core, you will sell a bunch. I would get one in a heart beat. But I cant/dont want to be with out my steering wheel, just in case something happens...

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Can you do it for a new edge mustang wheel

Stolen 98

forum member
Reaction score
Why can't you do this on a non iup wheel? The plain black plastic one?

hastethedav

forum member
Reaction score
if i were to provide a custom color stitching would you be able to use it?

-also is it hard to remove the steering wheel + airbag?

theomega

Reaction score
Chino - I may be doing a prototype wrap of a new edge mustang wheel in the future. I'll post up again if I do end up doing those wheels but at the moment, no

Stolen 98 - The shape of the hand holds is awkward to work around and the finish simply wouldn't be as clean

hastethedav - Yes, I can use custom color stitching

The removal process is relatively simple. You can follow this guide. The cruise control buttons and silver inserts don't need to be removed
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f692/how-remove-air-bag-steering-wheel-463360/

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Thanks and keep me posted please. When ford discontinued the FR500 steering wheel it left us new edge guys with few alternatives.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im in. I was able to find a IUP steering wheel(Thanks Bob!!!!)...Is there a list yet? I know you said you want to do one at a time or something like that. Thanks

hastethedav

forum member
Reaction score
what kind of nylon do you use? i googled it and there are various strenghts/sizes?

im looking for a neon green color to pop and liven up the wheel a bit haha

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, cant wait. Thanks man and I will PM you as soon as the steering wheel goes out!!:beerdrink:

theomega

Reaction score
hastethedav - I use a black bonded size 207/Tex 210 nylon thread. This is indistinguishable from the stock threading

Steedman07 - Sounds good, just let me know

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back