Aluminum Driveshaft..1 piece

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
^^^ Well I guess 'nuff said then. Might have to start selling some of my stock to get me one of these.lol
I knew that it would be better, but I just didn't realize....

Sent from iPhone

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
dss guys, do these work with both a manual and an auto? it doesn't differentiate on lethal's website so I am assuming it will work with either. I just don't want to spend 700+bucks on the wrong thing.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
dss guys, do these work with both a manual and an auto? it doesn't differentiate on lethal's website so I am assuming it will work with either. I just don't want to spend 700+bucks on the wrong thing.

Yes, it's the same for both applications. The GT500 (tr6060) is the oddball length.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I absolutely love my DSS. Should have come stock on these cars. My 2002 F150 had an aluminum driveshaft but my 2009 Mustang had a 46 lb, 2 piece POS clunky anchor connecting the transmission to the rear end.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I absolutely love my DSS. Should have come stock on these cars. My 2002 F150 had an aluminum driveshaft but my 2009 Mustang had a 46 lb, 2 piece POS clunky anchor connecting the transmission to the rear end.

My thought exactly. Ford has been putting lightweight aluminum DS in trucks since like, '98 or something but in there "muscle" car they put this heavy crap! What are they thinking?

Sent from iPhone

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
My thought exactly. Ford has been putting lightweight aluminum DS in trucks since like, '98 or something but in there "muscle" car they put this heavy crap! What are they thinking?

Sent from iPhone

The most alarming thing about the stock DS is the sticker on it that reads "Scrap if dropped."

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
Is the driveshaft still working ok? I would like to get the DSS carbon fiber shaft but I don't know if it would be overkill for a daily driver.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The carbon fiber is not overkill if you're laying down over 650hp to the wheels. But if you're pushing less than that, just get the aluminum DSS.

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
That's probably what I'll do. Just hope I don't have any vibration problems. I shouldn't have any since I'm running the eibach prokit.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I researched extensively before buying, never found a single report of vibration from a DSS driveshaft. Mine is perfect.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
As mentioned at least 1 other time in this thread, the DSS has a CV joint at the back and does not require pinion angle adjustment. And it's rated to 900hp.

And the Bullitt is about 1/2" lower than the GT.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Thanks. Now it's just pulling the trigger..

"click-click-BOOM" lol
The carbon fiber is not overkill if you're laying down over 650hp to the wheels. But if you're pushing less than that, just get the aluminum DSS.

I have been scoping out the DSS carbon fiber shaft but wonder how it will hold up over time. Not a DD so the elements won't be much of a factor but that is some heafty coin for a DS that nobody really knows how long it will hold up yet... Some of my friends are engineers working with aircraft and CF. They are not as impressed as everyone else is except for just a few applications. I am not sold on it.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Is the driveshaft still working ok? I would like to get the DSS carbon fiber shaft but I don't know if it would be overkill for a daily driver.

CF I think it's an overkill aluminum DS IMO is the way to go for a DD. the shaftmasters 3.5 one piece has been awesome for me.

That's probably what I'll do. Just hope I don't have any vibration problems. I shouldn't have any since I'm running the eibach prokit.

I'm running FR k springs and no vibrations at all. My aluminum DS from shaftmasters has been one of the best mods I've done. Wish I would have done this sooner.

But yours isn't lowered is it?

My is, I'm running the FR handling PAC.
As mentioned at least 1 other time in this thread, the DSS has a CV joint at the back and does not require pinion angle adjustment. And it's rated to 900hp.

And the Bullitt is about 1/2" lower than the GT.

Shaftmasters DS does not use a CV joint and no adaptor no adjustment of the piñon angel.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DSS with no problems so far.

me too. i think there's some misconception about there not being an adapter. there is an adapter that slips into the stock pinion yoke that allows the cv joint to mate to the rear end.

it's good for 900hp though. no complaints with my dss driveshaft.

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
Since I have already adjusted my pinion angle would this cause any problems installing a one piece. I do get some noise out of the stocker

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back