Anyone here switched from Coyote to CJ IM setup on A6 car...results?

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Thinking about taking the leap. Currently have factory IM and airbox on my 2012 GT automatic. Other mods are Circle D 5C converter, 47lb injectors for E85, Mike Rousch tuning, and an O/R X-pipe. 3.15 gear and 27" tire (255/60-15 M/T DR), so I'm going through the traps at 7000rpm at 116mph in 3rd. Best time so far with the 1-2 shift happening too early (6300rpm) is an 11.73 @ 115.5, 1.63 60', in about 800-900' DA.

I can get the M-9000-M50CJ setup (CJ mani, Ford Racing intake, and dual 65mm TB) from Autonation Ford (local to me) for $1392 with tax. I haven't seen a better price. I just don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't make much of a change at the track. I've seen comparisons between the Boss mani and CJ but not one where the user went straight to the CJ from an OEM Coyote manifold.

My previous car (a 2011 GT) with the same mods I have now plus a Boss mani and Airaid CAI ran an 11.41 @ 119 in similar DA.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a direct comparison but I went from the On3 TT kit going 11.1@130 to a CJ IM with other NA mods to a 11.2@121 with Mike's tune. Mike also ran his car stock and then put the CJ IM on his and ran it as well so he can tell you the difference.

You will not regret it! Only thing I changed was the TB, went monoblade as it flowed more and Mike can tune it with no issues.

Did you check with Steve@Tasca?

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Not a direct comparison but I went from the On3 TT kit going 11.1@130 to a CJ IM with other NA mods to a 11.2@121 with Mike's tune. Mike also ran his car stock and then put the CJ IM on his and ran it as well so he can tell you the difference.

You will not regret it! Only thing I changed was the TB, went monoblade as it flowed more and Mike can tune it with no issues.

Did you check with Steve@Tasca?

Thanks Greg. Yes I asked Mike Rousch about it but haven't heard back yet.

I have not contacted Steve@Tasca yet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back