Anyone notice that their speedometer isn't too accurate?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this one of those boards where you have to let mods belittle you and not stand up for yourself or risk a ban? If so, sorry Stkjock. You're right, I'm dumb. Please accept my apology.

first it's not

second, I hardly belittled you

third, not dumb, just lazy

instead of posting a snide remark "lol, what? where you getting your info", which BTW is pretty common knowledge among the Mustang crowd, you could have just used google or such and gotten an answer in a matter of minutes.

this board is a great resource, however we expect some effort on the part of the membership to find answers that are out there, be familar with the rule and not expect to be spoon fed.

for your review:

http://s197forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=19

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27605

StangAddict

forum member
Reaction score
first it's not

second, I hardly belittled you

third, not dumb, just lazy

instead of posting a snide remark "lol, what? where you getting your info", which BTW is pretty common knowledge among the Mustang crowd, you could have just used google or such and gotten an answer in a matter of minutes.

this board is a great resource, however we expect some effort on the part of the membership to find answers that are out there, be familar with the rule and not expect to be spoon fed.

for your review:

http://s197forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=19

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27605
I did use search on the board here and found nothing. Perhaps i used the wrong combination of words. I admittedly did not Google speedometer calibration for S197 mustangs.

I'll admit fault with my snide comment.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:beer:

all good man.

just curious... the sig says "Lava Red GT" - clearly the pic isn't????

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
:beer:

all good man.

just curious... the sig says "Lava Red GT" - clearly the pic isn't????

You gettin' old?

Lava red is a purple color almost. I can tell it's Lava Red.

It almost looks as black as can be though. :beer:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You gettin' old?

Lava red is a purple color almost. I can tell it's Lava Red.

It almost looks as black as can be though. :beer:

Looks Lava-ish to me.

:lol:

guess I'm just not familiar with the color - I guess I should have checked first myself.... :argh:

but to me this looks very different then the sig pic

LavaRed2012Mustang_c.jpg

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score

guess I'm just not familiar with the color - I guess I should have checked first myself.... :argh:

I saw a lava red for the first time last week. At a glance I thought it was black - then I noticed the weird maroon reflection.

Cool color.

I still prefer black.

StangAddict

forum member
Reaction score

LavaRed2012Mustang_c.jpg

Yeah it's 100% lava red. The color only comes out purply under artificial light like the one you posted. In natural light it looks black. :)

My car actually sat on the dealer's back lot after it arrived off of the truck because the porters were looking out for a red GT. My sales guy asked where my car was and they said "all we got was a black GT." DOH! :)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see now said the blind man

Reaction score
He's got some better pictures floating around on the internet if he would post them in the pics section. :beer:

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
On both the 2008 GT's I had, the speedometer read with 1 MPH of the GPS from 30 MPH to 80 MPH, but it was always on the slow side.

Typically new cars will read 1-2 MPH faster than the actual speed. I've noticed it in quite a few cars over the past 10 years.

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
My 05 is dead on with both my GPS's. The gf's fusion is 1-2 mph slow compared to the same two GPS's. This is at 65 mph.

BTW op beautiful car. Nice color, its a little different than the mainstream, I like that.

StangAddict

forum member
Reaction score
He's got some better pictures floating around on the internet if he would post them in the pics section. :beer:

My 05 is dead on with both my GPS's. The gf's fusion is 1-2 mph slow compared to the same two GPS's. This is at 65 mph.

BTW op beautiful car. Nice color, its a little different than the mainstream, I like that.

Thanks. :)

I'll post some pics in the pics section later tonight once I'm home. :beer:

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
I noticed on my GPS a few days ago that I was going a couple of MPH slower than the speedometer read. I've been paying attention now when I drive past the speed displays on the roadside and sure enough I'm a good 2 MPH low: car says 40, sign says 38 etc.

No mods yet. I've got 3.73s from the factory, stock wheels/tires.

Anyone else notice this?

hell yes, mine said i was doing 140 and i got passed in the right lane. i knew something was wrong. :lol:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back