Anyone try Centerline Wheels?

TC89LX

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a '05-06 GT and as a drag racer at heart I want to get a set of 15" big/littles for the car. So far the options I've seen on here are slim, most economical being the Jeg's set-ups to the $400+ lightweight wheels. I was looking around and saw that Centerline makes a Convo Pro, Convo ET and a "Fuel" wheel in a 15x9 with a 6.5" backspace that should fit nicely under the car and hold plenty of tire is the centers clear the caliper. Price is good at under $200/wheel.

I'm just curious if anyone has looked into them, or even trial fitted a set?

Convo Pro
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...793325+4294755963+4294794925+115&autoview=sku

Fuel
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...793325+4294755963+4294794925+115&autoview=sku

I see they also make an old school Autodrag with a 7.25" BS on the 9" rim and the same backspacing on a 10.5" rim as well.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Check the other wheel threads. You'll find the information there as far as what distances need to be checked on the wheel.

TC89LX

Reaction score
I've been through the wheel threads and since I haven't bought a car yet it's not to easy to measure up at home LOL! I was just curious if anyone else has tried that option as I haven't found any mention of these wheels in my searches. 15x9 with a 6.5" BS looks promising.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I've been through the wheel threads and since I haven't bought a car yet it's not to easy to measure up at home LOL! I was just curious if anyone else has tried that option as I haven't found any mention of these wheels in my searches. 15x9 with a 6.5" BS looks promising.
It's not just the width and backspacing that matters. It is the actual design of the wheel itself... in particular the inside. If there is an inward taper of the wheel, it will likely hit the caliper. If there is little or no taper, it may clear the caliper. That's why so many wheels need spacers, and why you can't just look at the backspacing.

TC89LX

Reaction score
True enough, if nobody else has even looked into them as a possibility I may end up being a guinea pig. I know they fit well on the older Cobra's with their big brake packages, hopefully similar is true for the S197's.

For less than $200 a wheel, strong and fairly light....could be a viable option if the center is designed well. The "Fuel" for example, judging by the pic it looks like the center section flares outward after the bolt area and not inward. May clear, may not. Once I find a car I'll contact Centerline Tech and see if they'll share and dimension specs.
20070206132457_fuel.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back