Auto trans........ big headache

Rash

Reaction score
Thanks for that link - I read the whole thread. Geez, I was gonna just live with the whine, but now I'm a bit concerned it could lead to bigger problems.

I don't know, it sounds like maybe yours sounded different. You say yours sounded like a flat tire - kind of like a wump wump sound? Mine is more a flutter - like there's a pigeon in my trunk.

Also, what speed range could you hear it in? Mine fade in around 55 mph, loudest at 50, and fades out around 40.

Last edited:

Rash

Reaction score
I could hear it at pretty much all speeds (on decel).
Well, that makes me feel a bit better. Chances are it's just a set-up issue, and not defective part as you had. Thanks for all the info.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, that makes me feel a bit better. Chances are it's just a set-up issue, and not defective part as you had. Thanks for all the info.

I believe that once you setup gears and run them, that you can't fix that whine. It takes a new set with the right lash, pre-load, etc. to get it right.

Mike

matt texass

Reaction score
I believe that once you setup gears and run them, that you can't fix that whine. It takes a new set with the right lash, pre-load, etc. to get it right.

Mike

+1000

good news from the dealership they are ordering parts under warranty

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back