B10DA, PATS issue?

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I have (for all intents and purposes) a 2012 3.7L V6 6 speed Mustang. Stock. The other day my battery, which is old, needed a jump to get the car started (it cranked really slow). I put it on the trickle charger after I jump started it and drove it a bit. let it sit overnight on charger. Next day it still showed signs of a weak battery but started. The following day it started but ran for only a few seconds. Restarted it and same thing happened over and over until it started cranking slow. So I bought a new battery and it cranked great (fast) but wouldn't start, no fire. I plugged in my laptop and checked FORscan and had a DTC code "B10DA" which is a PATS code. Tried to reset it but it wouldn't clear. I used the key fob to lock and unlock the car and it started and died again after a few seconds. Still had code. I disconnected battery, reconnected and locked and unlocked car and it has been starting fine. I changed the battery in the key fob too. Don't want to get stranded but so far so good. Anybody else ever experience anything like this?

Reaction score
I have (for all intents and purposes) a 2012 3.7L V6 6 speed Mustang. Stock. The other day my battery, which is old, needed a jump to get the car started (it cranked really slow). I put it on the trickle charger after I jump started it and drove it a bit. let it sit overnight on charger. Next day it still showed signs of a weak battery but started. The following day it started but ran for only a few seconds. Restarted it and same thing happened over and over until it started cranking slow. So I bought a new battery and it cranked great (fast) but wouldn't start, no fire. I plugged in my laptop and checked FORscan and had a DTC code "B10DA" which is a PATS code. Tried to reset it but it wouldn't clear. I used the key fob to lock and unlock the car and it started and died again after a few seconds. Still had code. I disconnected battery, reconnected and locked and unlocked car and it has been starting fine. I changed the battery in the key fob too. Don't want to get stranded but so far so good. Anybody else ever experience anything like this?

All I know is that when you try to start these new cars with a low battery the voltage to the ECU drops and it can throw tons of weird codes. I am surprised yours even tried to crank. Mine just clicked and the dash lit up like a christmas tree. I think you cleared them by disconnecting the battery and you should be good. The moral is don't try to nurse a weak battery or the ECU will punish you. As you well know we are slaves to the ECU and if it is not happy you won't be either.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back