Back to Black question

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
I think you guys will like it.

Product just came in today. Now only if I had my Mustang here to try it on, life would be good! : \ Been in the shop now for 31 days, just about finished though. Actually had paint on it today, not clear coat, but paint! LOL! Going insane without it parked in my garage and the occasional jaunt through town!

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
Product just came in today. Now only if I had my Mustang here to try it on, life would be good! : \ Been in the shop now for 31 days, just about finished though. Actually had paint on it today, not clear coat, but paint! LOL! Going insane without it parked in my garage and the occasional jaunt through town!

you think thats bad, mines been in the shop since October or November sometime,

the bad thing is the it wasnt that bad i have just been too busy to work on it

luckily a guy i know is letting me use his shop which doubles as a body shop and is teaching me the right way to do things.

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, what happened? Accident??

yup! Got hit on the right side rear wheel! bent axle, cracked rotor, wheel that was discontinued a year and a half ago trashed, fender around the tire and corner of the rear bumper were screwed up. Between the time it took to get the aftermarket parts (luckily found two new wheels sitting on a shelf in Cali, the vendor referred by one of the S197forum members) in for the repairs and my body guy/perfectionist, it's been slow going. But should get it back next week, paint was going on today when I stopped by to check on it! Looking good so far!

Last edited:

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
you think thats bad, mines been in the shop since October or November sometime,

the bad thing is the it wasnt that bad i have just been too busy to work on it

luckily a guy i know is letting me use his shop which doubles as a body shop and is teaching me the right way to do things.

I would have gone off the deep end by now if mine was gone for half a freakin' year, hell I'm close to that now! Already missed like 4 car shows over the past month, which I'm sure some of the local 'Stang owners, even fellow club members, are probably happy about, LOL! But I'll be back at it soon, better than before! :thumb:

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
I think you guys will like it.

Got it Friday. Still don't have my GT back yet but used a little on my wife's car and man does it do a nice job! Made the black panels look almost as if they were painted with a deep, satin black! Awesome suggestion NastyStang! Looking forward to seeing how long it holds up. Looking forward even more to being able to use it on my car, when I get it back!!

>>>stay away. use VRT/VRP

The Ultima worked great Seer!

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Got it Friday. Still don't have my GT back yet but used a little on my wife's car and man does it do a nice job! Made the black panels look almost as if they were painted with a deep, satin black! Awesome suggestion NastyStang! Looking forward to seeing how long it holds up. Looking forward even more to being able to use it on my car, when I get it back!!

>>>stay away. use VRT/VRP

The Ultima worked great Seer!

Ultima is another good product. I like it too.

hastethedav

forum member
Reaction score
will this heating up solution work on the window trimming as well?

between my hood and windshield its basically grey/white already, i need to fix that asap, but my window trim looks strange...kinda akward, black mustang and limo tint, but the window trim looks sparkly..maybe i mistakenly put something greasy on it at some point...but ahhh it drives me insane

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
will this heating up solution work on the window trimming as well?

between my hood and windshield its basically grey/white already, i need to fix that asap, but my window trim looks strange...kinda akward, black mustang and limo tint, but the window trim looks sparkly..maybe i mistakenly put something greasy on it at some point...but ahhh it drives me insane

I'll have to defer to someone else that has actually used this a little more than me to answer your question. I haven't been able to try it on my mustang yet, but as soon as I do, I'll definitely post up the results. Stuff worked great on all of the black on my wife's brand new Soul! But it is brand new, no fading at all.

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Tried the Ultima Tire and Trim on my GT this weekend and it rocks! Really did a great job with all of the black trim! And you can see the water just bead up off the parts it's used on (washed the wife's car that I treated last weekend).

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I tried it on my Jeep as well. I did the tires with it just to see how they would last. It's the absolute shit on any hard porous surfaces. I put some on the soft rubber trim as well. I for sure love it for hard surfaces, but I wasn't crazy about it on soft rubber trim. I got a lot of streaking and had to really work to get it uniformed. It's hell if you get it on anything other than trim. I got some on my windows trying to get it on some of the small trim and it was a bitch to get off. I think I just need to try a different technique of applying it to soft rubber.

The tires look freaking awesome, but it's way too expensive to use as a tire dressing all the time.

For sure a great product, though. I think it was more user error that caused my issues.

My GF's friend had her old ass Grand Am over and I hit her mirrors and some other trim with it and it was like a miracle cure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back