Bad Sellers

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As much as the situation sucks for the buyer, I don't feel that waiting for someone to pay is mandatory even if you've told them you will wait for them. If a deposit is made then it's a different situation however.

If someone strings you along like they are going to buy your item and don't, it sucks to have told another potential buyer no, and lose out on potentially selling an item.

I agree that given the circumstances, the buyer was doing anything and everything to pay the seller for the pro charger. Seeing as how the buyer and seller disagreed in regards to the PayPal fees, which I can understand, I don't feel it is the sellers fault for selling it to someone else.

Likely that other person was willing to send it without fees or to pay for the fees themselves. If a buyer came along and offered to pay you $87 more wouldn't you want to take it? Regardless of whatever "promises" we're made, the seller has a right to sell it to whoever they want. Clearly you "could not afford" the $87 in fees and someone came in and probably did pay them.

Don't get mad just because someone swooped on the deal when you essentially "fell through" as a buyer by not offering to pay fees. I think it would be suspicious however if the seller promised you the item and promised to eat the fees before hand, but not midway through the deal, and sold it to someone else anyways.

He clearly was expecting it to be without fees and when you refused to pay it, he looked elsewhere, and in record time was able to find someone who wanted it more than you.

I hate to be a dick but get over it, don't blame the seller just because you didnt want to send the extra $87 that the seller was asking for...I agree the situation sucks, but it does not give you the right to bad mouth him in this thread IMO!
You will go far in this world with your ideas on honor. Just remind me never to try and buy something from you!!! :asshat:

Earl

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The best advice is to make sure both parties have the pricing straight BEFORE sending money.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Just my two cents: I think it's crappy for a seller to "expect" you to gift the money or eat the fees without specifically saying it in the ad. Asking someone to gift it, is asking them to give away their protections as a buyer on the internet. That's just shitty. Incorporate the paypal into the price or specifically say that the buyer is responsible for the fee. Don't work a deal and then add the paypal part later.

Every deal I've done, if they seller didn't expressly say in his ad that the buyer takes care of the PP fees, they paid the fees. I've done a lot of business in the classifieds. That's just the right way to do it. The paypal fee is the cost of doing business; get over it.

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
If i remember the add correctly since I was looking at getting this, I could have swore his price was 3200 +shipping +fee's

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Guys you start adding more and more rules to the classifieds you just make Dave & the other mods jobs that much harder. Just play by the rules in place AND sell as if YOU were the buyer and buy as if YOU were the seller and we won't need threads like this one!!

Sent from iPhone

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
If i remember the add correctly since I was looking at getting this, I could have swore his price was 3200 +shipping +fee's

Omg he did!!

Copied from abarker's og fs thread:

"price is 3200+paypal and shipping."

Clear as day...

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88088

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesnt really matter what it said, if the seller agreed to something other than what was stated. Again we are hearing only one side of the story. Still sounds shady.

PaRaDoX

forum member
Reaction score
As the person who DID end up purchasing this kit.... I had no idea anyone else was buying it. I saw the paypal difficulties post and assumed maybe the buyer was not legit or didn't actually have the funds. Abarker never mentioned anything about another buyer but was extremely helpful with me as I too had paypal issues. I am deployed and have not made a purchase with paypal over here yet and it flagged a security issue since someone from the middle east is using an American account haha.

I kept Abarker in the loop the whole time. Once my account issue was resolved this past friday I sent the money. Abarker confirmed he received the money and even answered some more of my questions and sent me more pictures of the kit. He told me he would start shipping the kit monday and today I was sent a UPS Tracking number. So my personal experience with him has been great as long as the kit is infact 100% complete and everything functions correctly.

Sorry 1SonicGT for jacking your procharger.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As the person who DID end up purchasing this kit.... I had no idea anyone else was buying it. I saw the paypal difficulties post and assumed maybe the buyer was not legit or didn't actually have the funds. Abarker never mentioned anything about another buyer but was extremely helpful with me as I too had paypal issues. I am deployed and have not made a purchase with paypal over here yet and it flagged a security issue since someone from the middle east is using an American account haha.

I kept Abarker in the loop the whole time. Once my account issue was resolved this past friday I sent the money. Abarker confirmed he received the money and even answered some more of my questions and sent me more pictures of the kit. He told me he would start shipping the kit monday and today I was sent a UPS Tracking number. So my personal experience with him has been great as long as the kit is infact 100% complete and everything functions correctly.

Sorry 1SonicGT for jacking your procharger.

You didn't do anything wrong. Don't sweat it.

PaRaDoX

forum member
Reaction score
Althought i appreciate your reassurance, I'm not worried I pissed off 1sonicgt or anything but IF his side of the story is true I wanted to share my experience with abarker which has been a good one so far. I do understand why 1sonicgt would be mad but I am looking forward to hearing abarker's side of the story.

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey man it's cool, I'm not even that mad about it. The thing I'm mostly mad about is the fact he sold you the kit then stringed me along letting me buy $400 worth of supporting parts. I put the supporting parts through a finance card. I had stated with him I had a total allowance of $3500 to get this kit up and running and we agreed to a price shipped. If he would of told me hey I'm going to just put the kit back up for sale till this problem gets worked out I would of been cool with it. The fact he completely ignored my texts and it took me looking up the thread to figure out why he was ignoring me, along with leading me along and making me think through texts that everything was ok and he was cool with our paypal issue and would wait to sell it to me till the issue got resolved. This is what I'm pissed about. I cant get a refund for a email custom tune. I can't go, sorry the seller flaked out. Here is your tune back, can I get my money back? He knew I was purchasing supporting mods and never mentioned hey I sold the kit, don't buy the tune or plugs or wiring upgrade. Money talks and in this day and age no one keeps their word anymore or stands by what they say. All it took was honesty from the seller and this could of been avoided. BTW I have all texts from his and , and can screen shot them if anyone would like.

Last edited:

tjordan8

Reaction score
Kingcrabb is a bad seller, purchased some cat backs from him, 9 days after he accepted payment no word, no tracking number, no part

Back