Bad Sellers

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
IMO the buyer got what he paid for. I don't think the seller should have to refund the purchase price plus shipping just because of buyer's remorse. The interior crumpling looks bad but it's obviously something that happens at the manufacturing level based on the evidence presented. The seller didn't do it so your beef isn't with the seller. If you don't like them then list them for sale and get most of your money back out of them.

Thanks for the support guys, I agree

However he refused to even test them, and filed a claim with paypal.

This was his message in the paypal claim
"Kyle, nothing personal.....I just think you weren't altogether truthful. (as in post #5 in your sale ad). You either didn't look inside them at all, or you just thought that looked normal. Fyi, I asked my 11yr old daughter, who knows zero about mufflers, and when I showed them to her, she asked me why are those bent?"

I would run from this buyer like the plague, im debating putting him in the bad buyers thread.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
he actually gave his daughters opinion in a paypal claim? lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Next time I have an issue with a product, I'll get a 5 year old's opinion on the product and use that as proof against the seller. And I'll ignore all the advice from other rational adults who tell me what I don't want to hear.

If he's that big of an asshole then definitely fight the paypal claim. You've posted your evidence here in this thread, present it to Paypal as well.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
However he refused to even test them, and filed a claim with paypal.

This was his message in the paypal claim
"Kyle, nothing personal.....I just think you weren't altogether truthful. (as in post #5 in your sale ad). You either didn't look inside them at all, or you just thought that looked normal. Fyi, I asked my 11yr old daughter, who knows zero about mufflers, and when I showed them to her, she asked me why are those bent?"

I would run from this buyer like the plague, im debating putting him in the bad buyers thread.

I am not trying to take sides or defend anyone here, but I think he was just trying to make a point with the "daughter's opinion" thing. He sounds reasonable in his response, IMO. I don't think he deserves to be put on the bad buyers list over this.

Like I said in my previous post, I do feel like he should have at least installed them (since putting axle backs on an S197 is fairly quick and easy) just to see if there were any issues with the sound of the exhaust.

Too bad for both parties that it came to a PP claim.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Soooo, he complains that the main issue is a "sand" noise when shaking the mufflers like a maraca. Proceeds to say he didn't shake it around like a maraca, and then says that the pipes on the inside aren't fine.

Kylar shows that it is a normal thing with Magnaflows with one of the threads linked stating that a Magnaflow rep. confirmed that is normal for their process (along with other owners of similar mufflers).

Claims Kylar's post #5 backs him up as far as condition goes, but Kylar says, "normal low use mufflers (NOT NEW). Does not look like they have had the crap beaten out of them." However, Magnaflow is still not responsible for their manufacturing process. Kylar must have taken a monkey wrench, said, "see ya suckers!" and proceeded to beat the shit out of the bend in the mufflers.

Buyer gets opinion from "11 yr. old" and files PP claim for not liking a manufacturing process that Magnaflow has admitted to to other muffler owners. Doesn't even test the mufflers to see if they are actually fine or not. Sources say 11 yr. old is willing to testify in court that Magnaflow is innocent.

Makes total sense.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
True, I'm curious how many of us are running around with "maracas" out back and don't even know it?! For all we know it is just built up carbon that got jarred loose during shipping.
As long as they sound good, who cares? They were half the price of new ones, right?!

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I can't believe the guy is losing his shit over some used mufflers. Why would he at least try them?

He'd much rather fuck some dude out of his money using Paypal and then probably not return the mufflers anyway. Or else make sure they weren't packaged well enough to survive the trip. He gets off scott free and the seller loses everything. This is why it sucks dealing with newbies as a buyer or as a seller.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, you bought used mufflers and you're mad because they are used? You take any muffler Magnaflow makes, if it's used, they are all going to sound like there is sand in the cans. Magnapacks sound worse. Does it affect their workmanship? No. Are the mufflers ruined? No... Those kinks on the inner tube? Non issue, will not affect performance. Those are there so the exhaust enters the packing in those mufflers. They aren't like Flowmsters that have metal baffles. Research it, it's well documented.

Skwerl hit the nail on the head. I'd run those mufflers in a heart beat. Good luck with your claim though. Can't see how they would side with thr buyer if the product is described as used. Hope it all works out for both parties somehow.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been following this claim and I can't believe all the shit being thrown about a set of used mufflers. Anymore it seems guys want to buy used parts and expect them to be like new. Unfortunately the way PP works these days, Kyler will most likely end up getting fucked. I would actually reverse this post and put Saleene194 in the bad buyers section.

Saleen194

Reaction score
For the last time, I spoke with magnaflow, and they said it is NOT part of their manufacturing process. All of their piping is mandrel bent, therefore kink free. I am not disputing the sound or functionality of the mufflers. I am simply trying to point out that he was asked about the condition of the inside of the mufflers. In his ad he said, they are good to go. If I had been made aware of this issue, I never would have bought them in the first place

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For the last time, I spoke with magnaflow, and they said it is NOT part of their manufacturing process.

Dude, that ship has sailed, guys are posting pics of new mufflers with the kinks in them. Did you expect magnaflow to say every muffler they make is not perfect and defect free? Come on, use a little common sense.

Saleen194

Reaction score
He'd much rather fuck some dude out of his money using Paypal and then probably not return the mufflers anyway. Or else make sure they weren't packaged well enough to survive the trip. He gets off scott free and the seller loses everything. This is why it sucks dealing with newbies as a buyer or as a seller.

Skwerl, I texted him and offered to split the return shipping with him, and he refused that as well. AND I'm not trying to fuck some dude out of his money, I'm an honest person, ask anyone who knows me. Believe me, when I say, I will NEVER buy used parts again because of this mess.....I'm done, over and out

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Did you even look at the links of other - brand new - MF mufflers that look the same inside? You have refused to acknowledge this at all.
It appears you have buyer's remorse and are trying to find any excuse to not keep these mufflers. What possible harm could there be in mounting them and seeing what they sound like? For half price?! I bought used GTA mufflers from BruceH and it never crossed my mind to shake them like a maraca, I just installed them and am still enjoying the sound. It wouldn't have mattered if there was some rattle, they were used and half the price of new ones (which are no longer made and were getting scarce two years ago!)
Why not mount them and see what you think? This has escalated way past common sense from the beginning post...

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Skwerl, I texted him and offered to split the return shipping with him, and he refused that as well. AND I'm not trying to fuck some dude out of his money, I'm an honest person, ask anyone who knows me. Believe me, when I say, I will NEVER buy used parts again because of this mess.....I'm done, over and out

Yes you are, thats what it comes down to. I did not refuse your return. you conveniently left out the part where I said if you installed them and there was any abnormal sounds i would consider a return.

Are you really that much in denial? Look at all the responses in here, pretty much everyone is saying the "issues" you have with the mufflers is normal for the brand. Do you think i paid off all these people to say those things? Or maybe, just maybe you are over reacting??? But youre probably to stubborn to ever admit that, so youll just try and screw me out of time and money by filing the claim with paypal.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I asked him to try them out and see what he thought before he condemns them. He didnt like that answer and decides to flame me on the forums.

They are definitely not junk. They look good, fit good, and sound good.

Used mufflers are used, depending on the packing material used it does break in. Instead of getting so caught up on the sound youre saying they make when you shake them, try them out and see how they sound when you actually start the car. I can change an axle back in about 30 minutes, its not like its much time to invest.

so he hasn't even hooked them up to see what they sound like before posting?

Saleen194 - to end this, install the mufflers, get a video and perform a sound text. If you can hear rattling at idle, or revving or a pinging noise, then you have a claim. Otherwise, mufflers should be fine as they are cleaned up nicely.

if the buyer bolts the mufflers on and there's no sound issues, what's the big deal? I mean, we don't put these things on our cars for big HP gains, we do it for the sound. And if the sound is right, then the buyer got a sweet set of mufflers for half the price of new.

Honestly, what matters is if the mufflers work properly. What do you have to lose by checking out the functionality.

I can't believe the guy is losing his shit over some used mufflers. Why would he at least try them?

Why not mount them and see what you think? This has escalated way past common sense from the beginning post...

So, you guys think Saleen194 should at least try them out????

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Did you even look at the links of other - brand new - MF mufflers that look the same inside? You have refused to acknowledge this at all.
It appears you have buyer's remorse and are trying to find any excuse to not keep these mufflers. What possible harm could there be in mounting them and seeing what they sound like? For half price?! I bought used GTA mufflers from BruceH and it never crossed my mind to shake them like a maraca, I just installed them and am still enjoying the sound. It wouldn't have mattered if there was some rattle, they were used and half the price of new ones (which are no longer made and were getting scarce two years ago!)

Exactly, he just ignores anything that supports the fact that the mufflers are fine, and there are no issues.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back