Bassani X Pipe

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Bassani X Pipe where you can change from cats or off road. Not sure if I'm going to go with this one but I'm looking and my question is if anyone has a Bassani X pipe. The reason I ask is that some companies are saying that Bassani X pipes will only bolt to Bassani headers and others are saying it bolts directly to your stock manifolds. Anyone able to confirm this? Thanks

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
I have it and it bolts up straight to the stock manifold. offraod or catted. you'll like the midpipe. :)

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks! How was the install time and alignment if you dont mind. I have a JBA axle back and the tips stick out a bit too far for my liking but love the sound. Im hoping I can adjust everything while Im under there. I would attempt to fix the axle back now but Im not all about laying in a driveway under a car unless Im installing something new so I figure why not an X pipe lol

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
Install time was about an hour, hour and a half. alignment was as perfect as it could get. no rattles ever. you might need to get a pair of o2 sensor extensions whilre youre at it. i just used bare wire to extend mine but do what you want lol.

Thanks! How was the install time and alignment if you dont mind. I have a JBA axle back and the tips stick out a bit too far for my liking but love the sound. Im hoping I can adjust everything while Im under there. I would attempt to fix the axle back now but Im not all about laying in a driveway under a car unless Im installing something new so I figure why not an X pipe lol

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got it on with my long tubs, I actually tig-weilded them together.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I went with the Bassani offroad/catted x pipe. I spoke with Seth at Brenspeed about o2 extensions since it was mentioned previously in this thread about possibly needing them. Brenspeed stated that I was not going to need them. Those of you who have or had this set up, did you need them? Pictures look to me like the o2 will not reach. Any help appreciated and if I do need them...where can I get them at a good price.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok good, thanks guys should have no problems then just hope it gets here soon.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
My experience with my 05 GT auto tranny, I needed extensions. They were just short, so I was glad I ordered the extensions at the same time. For some reason I remember back when this was all new, it was reported the manuals didn't need them and the autos needed the extensions.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well maybe I will just order a set just in case. My google search isnt working out right now...where can I get a set?

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
mine didn't fit. I just had some wire at the house that I put together with the 02 sensors. though u can buy some extensions too if need be...but i just grabbed some wire around the house.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed the x pipe with cats since I dont have a tuner or MIL'S. It sounds great with the JBA axle back. I have a exhaust leak though at the headers and while trying to repair I stripped 2 nuts so my buddy knows a mechanic and he said he can fix it no problem on tuesday for me. Now that everything is hooked up im thinking about the o2 sensors....I installed the pipe as shown in the picture bassani sends, o2 sensors behind the cats more toward the rear of the car correct? Im assuming it wouldnt run right if I did it wrong but just figured Id ask since it will be up in the air with air tools at hand in a few days. Thanks

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
never mind that question because they only fit one way. however is there a tool that can remove a stripped nut that anyone knows of incase this happens again to avoid going to the shop and having my car sit until they can take me?

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
nice choice on the mid-pipe. I had to pick up some o2 extensions from steeda because mine werent long enough. Becareful when removing the header bolts dont want to strip or break them so use plenty of penetrating spray on them.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine didn't fit. I just had some wire at the house that I put together with the 02 sensors. though u can buy some extensions too if need be...but i just grabbed some wire around the house.
I did the same with '97 Viper GTS, and had no problems...the home-made extensions (spliced into the middle of the original O2's wire) worked like a charm.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back