bc coil-overs for 2011+

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Theyre just cheap shocks stuck inside a pretty threaded body, one of the many "coilovers for looks" brands out there now. Im pretty sure theyre made by Megan Racing.
You would be better off with Koni Sports and Ground Controls, or if you dont need height adjustability, just get some springs (Steedas are popular).

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Theyre just cheap shocks stuck inside a pretty threaded body, one of the many "coilovers for looks" brands out there now. Im pretty sure theyre made by Megan Racing.
You would be better off with Koni Sports and Ground Controls, or if you dont need height adjustability, just get some springs (Steedas are popular).

Good for looks nothing else. Go for kws if you want coil over low and performance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
Just food for thought, I had them on my GTO and they weren't bad at all. Completely adjustable and firmed the car up a lot. Just sucked daily driving it every day.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score

BC makes the Megan Racing coilovers, and the Megan's are worse than the BCs.

If you want coilovers, Ground Control at the cheapest.

Otherwise yes, shocks/struts from an 05-10 will work on a 2011+ provided you use you use 05-10 strut mounts (GT500 mounts or any camber plate designed for 05-10 cars). With coilovers, they are universal from 05-14 since they are supposed to be complete units.

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
I have driven on many brands of coilovers in a competitive arena. The BC coilovers work great for the price. I have them on my current s197 competition chassis and my sn95 daily.
I wouldn't drive on them if they were crap. I can afford better if I wanted. I still buy these. Just saying. Having actual first hand knowledge of these coilovers I would say buy them. But, realize your ride on the street with any coilover will be significantly more harsh. :)

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Just for reference I hit the wall at Toyota speedway in irwindale in 2011. I hit so hard I bent my enkie rp03 on the rear completely flat and in the front I bent the lower control arm/sway bar end link/ and destroyed the tie rod. I'm still running that same front coilover as it was undamaged.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are the only person who drives "competitively" that says BC coilovers are good.

They are not good. They are junk. If all you care about is looks and a herrafrush "stance," buy them. If you want something that won't break if it even sees a pothole and won't knock your kidneys loose every time you hit a bump, get something else. I second the Koni yellows.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
i just ordered some used springs last night and ordering koni yellows this morning then next week a panhard bar :)

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
eibach sport fronts/ pro kit rears.

i havent thought about it yet; should i? im looking up and studying panhard bars at the moment

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

i havent thought about it yet; should i? im looking up and studying panhard bars at the moment

Depends on how low you're going and whether or not you want the stock camber specs. For the most part, camber increases as you lower the front of the car. The factory adjustments can only correct that up to a certain point.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
I dont go autocrossing or track my car more than 1-2 times a year. But I have ridden in a friends s197 with BC coils and it was a horrible ride compared to my koni yellows on sportlines, which arent the best spring for tracking. My next step if i ever decide to go more competitive I will invest in some KW v3.

sholzer

forum member
Reaction score

sportline front and pro-kit rear? I think you're going to have quite a bit of forward rake with that setup.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
sportline front and pro-kit rear? I think you're going to have quite a bit of forward rake with that setup.

If i do ill change one or the other bought them in the used section here. Worth givin a shot i think. I am considering other springs if they dont work out. My goal is to lower the car about 1.5 in front 1.75 in the rear and then adjust from there

Ill start looking up some caster camber plates as well

Last edited:

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
I am running the BC Coils on my street mustang and I am putting them on my FR500S also. I had Race Worx build them for me and have not had one problem with them. Did a track day out at Hallett and the local hot shoe helped me set them up and he said they actually worked VERY well. Its just like anything else. You want the 2000.00 set but cant afford them so you go with an entry level set. For the price of the BCs you cant beat what you get. When you reach their limit then either upgrade to somthing better or build them and make them better. Also the BCs come with the Camber/Caster plates.:beer:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back