Beating up on a 5.0 on 7 cylinders!

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score

Worked with Lito ALL day trying to get the car to make power. The car has just felt stock since the turbo, no real power. Coming home got a misfire code for cylinder 5. Hoping this is/has been the problem.

Last edited:

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Lito will take good care of you!

Oh I have full faith in him. We have been working on it for about a month now. Just something is right. But it was still funny watching 5.0s run in the 9.0 index last night lol.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh I have full faith in him. We have been working on it for about a month now. Just something is right. But it was still funny watching 5.0s run in the 9.0 index last night lol.

Blasephy!!!!!! They all run in the 10's in the quarter!! How dare you!!:beerdrink:

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Blasephy!!!!!! They all run in the 10's in the quarter!! How dare you!!:beerdrink:

LMAO! I don't know if it is the lack of driving skill or just the weather here or Mustangs here are made slower because this is Cheby country but the fastest 5.0 last night ran a 9.02. It was not track prep because I was cutting mid 1.6 60' times all night. I did manage to run a 7.95 and break out of the 8.0 class with 7 cylinders. I am really hoping that this is why the car is no faster than N/A.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Maybe Lito can find the problem. Hate it for you bro!

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
We were there at Lassiter Mtn. too last night.......I was wondering who that was in the Turbo-ed S197......It was a pretty good turn out last night.....We were over by the concession stand and the office where they announce everything watching.......

You had some good runs as well that we saw.....You going to be out there next weekend?? We are probably going out there Friday night I think.....not sure yet though....

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
We were there at Lassiter Mtn. too last night.......I was wondering who that was in the Turbo-ed S197......It was a pretty good turn out last night.....We were over by the concession stand and the office where they announce everything watching.......

You had some good runs as well that we saw.....You going to be out there next weekend?? We are probably going out there Friday night I think.....not sure yet though....

Aw to bad we didn't catch each other there. I am not sure if we will be back out next weekend or not. I really want the car running right before I go again. I will make another thread in the regional forums again if I do go.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I did not get another invite:)
j/k, if i came, it probably would have rained..lol

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
I did not get another invite:)
j/k, if i came, it probably would have rained..lol

LOL my uncle was the one that brought the rain last time. No change in the car with a new plug and coil on the misfiring cylinder. The car will be at Henson tomorrow morning. I am past my limit of patience and mechanical skill.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
OK, well it looks like I am going to have to make a trip south to check this place out. I'll keep an eye on the regional forums for the next time you guys head that way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back