benefits of dyno tune

MBullitt08

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Bullitt with FRPP intake manifold, lt headers, o/r h-pipe, steeda underdrive pullies, 95mm CAI, pypes pype bombs, with a tune from diablo sport. my question is should i get the car dyno tund? i really feel like im not getting everything from the parts that i could be getting and they arent really working together.
would a dyno tune help at all? is there any point to shelling out the cash to get it done? i also feel like im burning through fuel like no tommorrow. any help or advice would be nice from the vet stang owners here

ncpower08

Reaction score
Yes. The tuner doing the dyno tune can make adjustments that the hand held wont. Also he can adjust your timing and other stuff so your mpg will be better. Also you can know you exact rwhp. But remember the more hp the less mpg that is just the way life is.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how you could be running the FRPP intake manifold, LT's, and O/R mid pipe without at least a build specific tune. As soon as I added LT's and the FRPP, I could barely get the car to limp to the dyno as it didn't want to even run.

Dyno tuning is the most accurate method of tuning, assuming your tuner knows what they are doing.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The Diablo Base tune in the Predator is designed to enhance the vehicles performance for sure. Unfortunately it is limited. There are some "Global" changes that can be made for timing and fuel. A Dyno Tune will allow the person tuning the car to maximize adjustments on a more individual basis.

To answer your question. Yes it would be worth it.

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
...Just remember the more hp the less mpg that is just the way life is.

Not totally true, I average 20mpg and see 29-32 on the highway...with a Whipple HO @ 11psi, longtubes, 3.73s, etc. driven like its meant to be! And yes thats the actual math not what the computer says it is...

But back to the OP - looks like you've already put out a bit of cash for some decent bolt-ons, a dyno tune will be worth the extra cash to make it all come together.

Last edited:

MBullitt08

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the help, now i know what to expect and that it will be worth it. now i just gotta do it!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moving to chit chat in 3.......2.....1.....

Zero

search_it_noob.gif

Please read through these:

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30272

http://s197forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=19

MBullitt08

Reaction score
i think i would be happy with something close to thos numbers. just breaking 308 would be pretty nice, good for the track too

also what if any would be the benefits of getting ported heads? not cams and heads just the ported heads

Last edited by a moderator:

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
I had JPC dyno tune mine. I went from 280 whp with the diablosport canned tune to 303 whp with their dyno tune. This is with a stock 3v, C&L intake, 4.10 gears, and thats it. Its a 5 speed.

They also fixed my AC idle issues, the car would sometimes stall in stop and go traffic from an uneven idle when I turned on the air conditioning.

My gas mileage indicated is 14 mpg city, I rarely drive it on the highway these days but I think highway is about 20. The tune didn't really improve my gas mileage, but the car feels a lot more stock than the canned tune because the idle and transition to idle is so much smoother.

With your mods I'd expect at least 315rwhp if you have an automatic, at least 325rwhp with a manual

Last edited:

MBullitt08

Reaction score
I had JPC dyno tune mine. I went from 280 whp with the diablosport canned tune to 303 whp with their dyno tune. This is with a stock 3v, C&L intake, 4.10 gears, and thats it. Its a 5 speed.

They also fixed my AC idle issues, the car would sometimes stall in stop and go traffic from an uneven idle when I turned on the air conditioning.

My gas mileage indicated is 14 mpg city, I rarely drive it on the highway these days but I think highway is about 20. The tune didn't really improve my gas mileage, but the car feels a lot more stock than the canned tune because the idle and transition to idle is so much smoother.

With your mods I'd expect at least 315rwhp if you have an automatic, at least 325rwhp with a manual

i know wha tyou mean with the uneven idle, mine does it while it sitting there just kind of revs about 100 rpm over and over. i hoping they can fix that too

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
i know wha tyou mean with the uneven idle, mine does it while it sitting there just kind of revs about 100 rpm over and over. i hoping they can fix that too

Easily, just let them know about it and make sure they do a bit of streetability tuning as well as the straight up dyno tune. It was almost worth the cost of the tune for the idle fix alone.

Back