What's I said the best in the long run purchase
Bama ITSX
Bama Rev-X
Bama X4
Thanks

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
They’re all made by SCT and Bama/American Muscle slapped their name on it. I have the X4 and love it. But DONT get a tune from Bama. Plenty plenty of threads and reviews on tunes. Lito is my #1 vote

texasvoodu

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I read on the Lito tunes that why I joined this site
Was just wondering about the devise

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Any of the products will work well. Don't get sucked in by the tunes for life deal. Do tour research on independent tuners and get a set up from them.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
please review the posting rules in the tech sections... moved

JJ427R

Reaction score
Any of the products will work well. Don't get sucked in by the tunes for life deal. Do tour research on independent tuners and get a set up from them.

I agree with this. I would never trust any mail order tune, including from Lito, without putting it on a dyno. I'm not putting any tune in my car without getting those air/fuel numbers checked, especially if it's got a supercharger or turbo.

I upgraded my 2010 Roush with a JDM Engineering 427R upgrade a few years ago. I installed their tune but took it to my local tuner/dyno guy to have the numbers checked. Now my local guy thought the JDM tune was too lean, but he is known for running his tunes a bit rich. I took the dyno info and sent to JDM to compare, they though the numbers looked fine. I kept the JDM tune and have had no problems with it for the last 20,000 miles and many track days.

texasvoodu

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks and that was what I was thinking about finding a local tuner and dyno

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Lito sends me a tune
a little logging on the road with my wideband
done.

Don't waste time and money with imitations.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
A wideband and datalog will tell you everything a dyno tune will, plus you will have better drivability than a dyno tune can provide.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
A wideband and datalog will tell you everything a dyno tune will, plus you will have better drivability than a dyno tune can provide.
This. If you mount up a wideband into the SCT and datalog it’s even better than a Dyno tune there’s streetable load etc.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
This. If you mount up a wideband into the SCT and datalog it’s even better than a Dyno tune there’s streetable load etc.

This. I don't believe a dyno will come anywhere close to simulating going up an incline...and putting a real load on the eng / tranny... nor will the dyno simulate the air pressure you will have at 50-150 mph. The actual air velocity out of those big diameter fans, typ used by most dyno shops is actually very low. Loads of cfm... but no pressure behind it.

The dyno is the one place where you can wind the car up to 200 mph in OD..or close to it, depending on gearing / tire diam etc. On the street / track etc, it will never happen. Air pressure goes up to the square of the wind velocity. If 50 mph is 'X' pressure...... 70 mph is 2X....... 83.6 mph is 3X..... 100 mph is 4X....121 mph is 5X...... 200 mph is 8X. Take your foot off the gas pedal at 150 mph..and watch it bog down fast.

AFR of 11.7 to 11.9 when in blower mode is the sweet spot for the blown 4.6
12.0 and higher is getting too lean. K Bell tested all this years ago and the difference between 11.0 ( super rich)...and 12.5 ( too lean) was only 12-15 rwhp. Easy enough to add a wide band AFR to one or both sides on the 4.6
No point in going too lean, just for the sake of 1-2 hp.... esp on something like a road course, where it's being beat on for 20-30 mins at a time.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
my car blows big clouds of filthy black smoke when it's roasting the tires and that's the way I like it. 11.5 AFR's. I suspect the resolution/error of my wideband is about ~.5. So either 11.0, or 12.0, both OK.

texasvoodu

forum member
Reaction score
Ok cool I will use Lito. Looking at getting a Supercharger from a member on here.
So what handheld tuner do y'all recommend to use with the tunes from Lito ??
Thanks for all the help everyone !!

Last edited:

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Ok cool I will use Lito. Looking at getting a Supercharger from a member on here.
So what tune do y'all recommend to use with the tunes from Lito ??
Thanks for all the help everyone !!

What *Tuner? Just an X4. Don't need anything more complicated or fancy. X3 isn't sold or really supported anymore.

texasvoodu

forum member
Reaction score
Do I get the SCT or Bama I read Bama is locked to their tunes only ??

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I'd get SCT. The BAMA isn't locked, I went through this hassle but my "BAMA" stamped SCT loads up Lito tunes just fine. But American Muscle sells the regular SCT version without tunes for the same $400 on the website

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back