Blank radio display, but stereo still works

MyGG

forum member
Reaction score
Hey all! Have a 2010 Premium GT without nav. While driving the other day the radio display screen went blank, but the radio still works. I tried disconnecting the battery and checked the fuse, but still no display. Any thoughts? Thanks.

MyGG

forum member
Reaction score
Well, wouldn't that be nice after a whopping 22k miles.

Anyone know if the aftermarket offers any replacement or how much Ford charges for a new display unit?

MyGG

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like Ford only charges about $1000 for a display unit. Really??? It just displays information, and doesn't actually do anything! A new stereo head unit would only be around $100 and would actually do things along with displaying info.

forum member
Reaction score
For 1k you can get the ads maestro kit with a Kenwood unit that includes navigation. You will also get all the gauges or info that the 13 premiums get in the little LCD in the odometer. Oh and control your climate from the touch screen .

MyGG

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas and info. I'll try heating up the screen tomorrow, otherwise I'll just try to find a used display at the junkyard probably. My wife said it's actually relaxing not knowing the time and all the info. I obviously don't drive the car much, so it's more of a frustration than anything. It still works, you just can't tell what you're listening to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back