BMR drop - real world W/TVS

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I have yet to do anything with the front suspension on my car. I just added a 20" Vossen VFS2 staggered setup, so now I want to get the front complete. Drop cannot go a millimeter below 1.5" in the front. I prefer only 1". The reason for this is getting in and out of the driveway without making some form of ramp assist that has to be lugged around.

At the moment SP069 BMR's are on the rear. They are rated @ 160lb/inch. I've considered the Hurst Stage 1's and only use the fronts but they area progressive spring and not sure how the 133-175lb/inch progressive rating would work with factory front struts. The other option I have found is to run the Steeda Sports 555-8215 which according to other sites are linear and rated at 200 lb/inch up front with a 1" drop.

The third option is to go with the Eibach 35125.140 1.5" rear/ 1.0" front but can't find a rating on them. I don't want to lose weight transfer or feel like I am riding a Harley ridged frame, because they are a some megapound rated corner carving spring which isn't applicable for my driving taste. If only I knew the spring rating.

Has anyone run the BMR SP068 or SP009 fronts on their 11+ with a TVS on it? And if so what was your end result in drop difference?

Opinions on mixing the BMR rear drags with the fronts from the brands mentioned?

Thoughts or insight on going with the Eibachs all the way around with regard to ride and weight transfer? Or the Steeda Sports?

Thanks.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I tried some Eibachs on my car shortly after buying it. I'm not sure which spring they were but they absolutely sucked. After 3 months I was never driving the car and ready to sell it. Instead I removed the entire Ford Racing suspension setup (springs, shocks, sway bars) and went back to the setup I had on my Bullitt. Bullitt springs and Koni shocks.

My sig pic was taken when I had the Eibachs on. Too low for me and I was rubbing constantly. As far as ride quality, it might as well have been sitting on the frame.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
You could always go with our GT500 springs up front instead. They should put you right around 1-1.25" drop over stock. I can't guarantee that since I don't have a lot of cars running this set up, but that is typically what happens. The SP009 or SP068 will end up sitting around 1.75" with the TVS.

I would not mix and match springs, especially not between brands. It can make for some really funky suspension behavior.

There is a lot more that comes into play than spring rate. We can make springs with the same rates between a GT500 and a GT, but the load rating and drop heights will vary a lot.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Done deal. You convinced me on the phone. And when I get them on the car I will send you some photos. Thanks for taking the time to explain away my theoretical skepticism.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
You could always go with our GT500 springs up front instead. They should put you right around 1-1.25" drop over stock. I can't guarantee that since I don't have a lot of cars running this set up, but that is typically what happens. The SP009 or SP068 will end up sitting around 1.75" with the TVS.

I would not mix and match springs, especially not between brands. It can make for some really funky suspension behavior.

There is a lot more that comes into play than spring rate. We can make springs with the same rates between a GT500 and a GT, but the load rating and drop heights will vary a lot.

Good info sir. My car sits way too low in the front with the sp068's and I had been wondering if there was an alternative for the front springs.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
SP076 is the GT500 front drag springs JLear that Dylan is referencing. I'm going to order them this Friday.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running the SP09's on the front with vortech set up cant imagine the wgt would be much different than a TVS I got around a 1.75 drop

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. That helps a lot. That would be HUGE and way too low for my setup. 1.2" is the absolute max I can go and still get out of the driveway on an angle dropping one wheel into the street at a time. LMR is going to get a chance from me as well. They are applying their BFCM16 discount to the Strange single adjustable struts, so I am going to pick those up and mate them to the SP076 springs which will make the transition two part (some can be done in the warmth of my basement....YAY!). Just have to see if my torque wrench goes up to 166 ft/lb. Plus I have to get a spring compressor. Sounds like Christmas gifts!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back