XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Parts come; they go.
Is there anything I am missing?

Looking for new performance springs for some GT500 shocks/struts
I want a minimalistic drop.
Prefer spring rates for drag strip.
Do not want to drag my Cervinis bumper, now side pipes on every speed bump and driveway.
Do not want to drag the turbo piping I want.
My stock springs drag too much already.

I want BMR, but feel a 1.5" drop will torture me. If I didn't have the body kit? BMR would be perfect.

Other options:
Rouch: .5" drop but $100 more than other brands.
STEEDA: 1' drop and more reasonable price.

Are there any other springs I should be looking at whith would be a minimal stance and not over $300?

Thank you
Jason

DieHarder

Reaction score
I have a full set of FRPP "P" springs. About 0.5" drop. On the car two weeks. $200 + the ride.

JC SSP

Reaction score
That's what I have on my 05' GT and LOVE them! Mine dropped a little more than .5 but that's to be expected.

Good price $$$$ too! :)

GriffX

Reaction score
I wish Ford would sell them in black. No way to install a non black spring in Germany without proper TUV (inspection) papers :(

BottleRocket

Reaction score
My '08 GT/CS had the Ford springs when I purchased it at 29K miles. My wife hated the ride. I swapped them out for the BMR Street Performance springs. She loves the ride now and it looks great.20190224_175922.jpg 20190224_175934.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yeah, the "P" springs are stiff, but matched with the rest of my suspension it handles likes it's on rails. Also, no irregular tire wear and doesn't ride like a slinky going down the road. For me a perfect balance of comfort and rigidity.

Interestingly, my car is not as low as yours...

IMG_2454.JPG

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the "P" springs are stiff, but matched with the rest of my suspension it handles likes it's on rails. Also, no irregular tire wear and doesn't ride like a slinky going down the road. For me a perfect balance of comfort and rigidity.

Interestingly, my car is not as low as yours...

View attachment 88477

For me that looks like the perfect stance. Reality for me. It'd not. Watched all sorts of videos last night with before/afters. Think I sm gonna have to go Rouch. Until I can afford bags. Probably should have posted a pic if my car earlier.20230501_174116.jpg

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
When I look at my picture? Start to wonder if I stock. Maybe I should rub a little dirt off

My preference would be the BMR drag springs or FRPP cobra jet springs. Think I am stuck with Rouch.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm, not a bad idea. What is this coating of the springs? It is very thick and not paint....

To my knowledge, all the red or blue coloring new aftermarket springs come in? That is powdercoating. Not sure if the process is an option in your area of the world. Or could it be by a different name? Unless I am wrong and the springs go through a heated paint process.

Ugh. Should have combined all of these posts. Forgot I could do thst in this forum

Jim O

Reaction score
Ford P springs and the matching shocks with GT500 strut braces. About 1" lower and while ride is firm it is not jarring. I am very happy with this and its been several years.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back