BMR K member installed, paasenger side toed way out.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have the BMR Kmember and non adjustable Aarms on my car and I road race the car. There are some measurements you can do the check the squareness of the Kmember position. I take a measurement of the wheel base by putting tape measure on the back edge of the rear wheel rim and measure to the rear edge of the front wheel rim on both sides. I also measure diagonally from the grease sert on the bottom of the front Aarm to the grease sert of the rear LCA on the opposite side of the car. You can loosen the Kmember bolts and the motor mount bolts and use a ratchet straps (find the appropriate spots) to pull the Kmember into position to get it close to square. I don't have to support the engine this way as long as the bolts are loose it will move around a little and the straps will hold it in place while you tighten it bad up. You can also do the same thing with the Aarms. Just loosen those two bolts up and use a strap to pull in the direction you need. This can really change the wheel base an bit too. It is a bit of work but I have gotten mine almost dead on square to the rear axle.

I forgot to mention I have a drive on 4 post lift so that does make it easier. You could do it also on some homemade 2x10 ramps under all for tires though.
good luck!

Just a side note I recently put the car into wall at Road America at 30+ mph and was very pleased with just how well the BMR parts held up under crash conditions. The only part I needed to replace was the radiator support. It took the brunt of the hits as the frame rails bent and sheared off all in front of the strut tower brace. I am a lot less worried about "lighter" parts on the car now as I know the BMR parts are very strong and well designed.
I will have a rebuild thread soon with pics but I'm working hard every day to get it ready for the next USCA event.

Awesome info and feedback!

Hopefully some people see this - as the few occurrences with cracked or broken parts have surely led people to believe that our parts are only for a "drag car".

Heck - I have seen our competitors even make posts like "if BMR can't get it right, we are not willing to attempt it" - unfortunately.

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
Not for Drag race only!!!

Kelly, as you know I run my car as hard as I can and love the road course the most. I start using you parts on my '05 stang and was in the low 11's with 60' time in 1.5x sec. It took a head on crash into the wall to actually break any of my BMR parts so I am very confident with your parts. I also, tweak mine a bit if I see possible weakness. This car is running with 295/35/18 Rivals all around so it it stressed way more than the stock setup would ever see.

So far not even a crack has developed and it was run at Daytona on the Rolex course "the Roval" at 155+ mph on the banks without a issue. Walls on the other hand can and will cause failures. But I'm here and almost ready to go at it again in Michigan at USCA.

Attachments

• 2014-06-27 19.13.33.jpg
    2014-06-27 19.13.33.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 2014-06-29 10.16.44.jpg
    2014-06-29 10.16.44.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 36

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I will say, a while back I bought a used BMR K-member that, as I discovered after I received it, had likely been on a car that had been in an accident. It was bent in a couple odd places and the motor mount pedestals weren't flat. No big deal I thought, I'll just bend it back into shape. Kelly has mentioned several times about how hard the steel is they use. And he isn't bullshitting us. I tried all kinds of ways to bend that thing back into shape, and it wasn't happening. I ended up buying a brand new one from Kelly with complete confidence in their strength.

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
chrome moly

4130 chrome moly doesn't bend like mild steel and really likes to keeps its shape!!!

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Hey are those 295 Rivals still ok? Have any you want to unload?

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
rivals

Yes my rivals are ok and fixing to be used soon I hope. Almost finished rebuilding the car. These will make one more USCA event. USCA at Road America would have been the last for them if I hadn't smashed it up in the first session on track. They didn't get much use that weekend. That was a 3000 mile trip for 15 minutes of track time. At least there was plenty of other cars and activities going on to make it still worth it. Michigan International Speedway is another 2500 mile roundtrip. Uhggg!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back