BONE STOCK 05 TRACK REPORT 12's just a step away!!

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Well damn boys the track aint open till 6:00...

Might break out the fox body's tires for it... I wonder if they still got any stick to em...

Last edited:

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
the best i have ran completely stock was 13.3 and that was fully street trim (spare tire, etc..). i did have perfect weather that day and i mean perfect and i only managed a 2.14 60'. every other mustang i have heard about doesnt even break into 13.4s.

your mph is way off for 12s, the mph almost shows your an auto but since you said spinning gears im assuming it would be a manual.... dont take this the wrong way but its going to take more then you think to get into the 12s unless you do some weight reduction.

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
You running on sticky tires?

Your 13.30 in full street trim with a 2.14 is very good evidence that it can be done on tires....

BTW do these cars have the 11 clutch? I am not sure the clutch is gonna handle this exercise tonight...

There is is 104+ in the car but temps were killing it down to high 101 almost 102.

I lost 3+ MPH in my M3 last night.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kinda glad I didn't go out there today.
Planning to go to midnight maddness next weekend on the August 1st.

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
This damn car is weird!!!

Best tonight was a [email protected]

Started out running a 14.2 first pass with a lot of spin

Then ran a couple 13.8s and a 13.7s@ 101 with 1.8-1.9 60 foots
Then all of a sudden it started running 13.8and 13.9's 1.8-1.9 60 foots @94-95 and staying in 3rd for about 4 passes straight with it laying over and never getting to the shift point for fourth.

I went to the Store and got a drink and sammich and came back then ran another 13.8 at 100 with 2.0 then a [email protected] with a 1.9 60ft

Ran a couple more 13.8's@100 but 60 foots were dropping off to 2.0's and left...

I think can get the 60 foots back down it'll run 13.40 and if I can get the traps up a bit that would be nice.

Car just is not running hard in third like earlier in the night and the night before.

Prolly needs a tune up and work on the shift points. I think shifting a bit higher in 2nd will get me out of 3rd faster and into 4th a bit sooner.

Last edited:

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
Man I told you at the track that with this heat and your car heat soaking is hurting it. With better cool downs and cooler weather I could see you running 13.5x maybe even a 13.4x but it's not gonna happen in this Louisiana heat.

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
If the car is still stock around November we'll see, I doubt it'll make it that long though.

I might give it a couple more tries but the car is just really weird, it's like it doesn't want to put down the power it has.

Last edited:

Gene K

forum member
Reaction score

13.2 accomplished with no drag radials required. All it took was a Weather and Driver Mod.... See that wasnt so hard.

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
I love how everyone thinks the next second barrier is just that easy to get to... lol sometimes it is but dam why not just do it first before setting your self up incase you fail xD

Who was it last time who said they would easily break 11's on the motor lmao
that was prolly me.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
These cars are very affected by heat soak and humidity

That has got to be why the ECM was acting all stupid last night!!!!

I think I have a reman ECM or a replacement. I found a ford print out of the ECM wiring diagram from ford in the car and the case seam of the ECM looks to have been resealed by gray sealant and running out like it was squished when the case was pushed back together..

So I may have one that has a ram problem.......

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love how everyone thinks the next second barrier is just that easy to get to... lol sometimes it is but dam why not just do it first before setting your self up incase you fail xD

Who was it last time who said they would easily break 11's on the motor lmao

Very true... mid 12's arent that hard... those last .2 take a very specific drag set up to pull off n/a.

I sure is one helluva good time...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back