Breakfast for the locals.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't we decide on no wives or gf. You can bring both if you dare.

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Isn't 07 s197 bringing his wife and her Mustang? In that case, I think it should be open to wives if they want to come.

Any body want to do a White Elephant gift exchange?

The rules could be something like this:

It should be a ten dollar limit and S197 or Mustang related. It could be some part you've had sitting on your garage shelf for a while and decided you are never going to put that on your car, and it's not worth it to put it in the classifieds and sell it. If it's been sitting around for a while and you just want to give it away, it could be over the 10 dollar limiit.

Everyone brings a wrapped gift. Nobody should know which gift you brought so dont put your name on it! It should be an item that someone would actually want or use. (Or you could make it interesting and bring something totally off the wall) This gift could be new or in old condition. It could be anything. It is unnecessary (and sometimes important) that the original owner does not identify him/herself.

Prepare slips of paper with numbers on them and have everyone draw one.

On the first turn, person #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and it is admired by all...you hope! On the second turn, person #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. On the third turn, person #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one. Game continues based on the following:

1. - If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift from someone else (see #3 and #4 below), or open a new one.

2. - Turns proceed until everyone has a gift. A turn is ended when a gift is opened and (hopefully) admired by everyone.

3. - A gift cannot be stolen more than once in a turn.

4. - The third "owner" of a gift gets to keep it - it is unavailable to be stolen again.

The exchange is over when the last unwrapped gift is opened.

After it's over, you can swap gifts if you want. For example if I end up with some Whipple stickers and Ray ends up with some Kenne Bell stickers, we can swap. I might not put them on the car but I sure would put them on the tool box!

These are the rules and tips for the White Elephant Gift Exchange.
Like I said, this might be fun and have a chance to give away some Mustang goodies that your not using. Of course, gag gifts are authorized. Like I could give my old/dead motorcycle battery, but unless Greg ends up with it, might not be that funny. Ha!

What do you all say?

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me,and Walts on the phone and he is up for it also.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Still calling for snow tomorrow? Jen didn't make it this weekend due to the snow. I still might come if the weather is ok

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rain this afternoon/evening and possibly snow late tomorrow but you never know around here!

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Well my car hasn't been started in over 3 weeks,I guess I will lock in the 4wheel wheel drive on the Suburban.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
I gotta go out and buy a gardening set for a gift and I hope Greg ends up with it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See? Knew it was only a matter of time before you joined me/Ray on the dark side!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am going to get a can of power boost and hope Mark gets it! He needs all the help he can get!

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
I am going to get a can of power boost and hope Mark gets it! He needs all the help he can get!

Its early and yes you got me on that one. Greg you better open the valve to your outside water hose cause you don't want those pipes to freeze. Oh shit thats right you don't have a hose cause you cut it up for the cam install. Well off to Lowes for that instead. Or I can get you some spray stick em at the sporting good store and you can spray those tires or a gift certificate to lowes on gardening for dummies.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL..that was fixed the next week...and that hose has come in handy for the 4 other cam swaps that have been done.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im up for this Brady. Sounds fun. Im open to bringing any kinda gift???? I'll post this over @ Modfords and SEVMC.

ok, its posted.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/159742-Hampton-Roads?p=1651566#post1651566

Sounds good, we can open it up to any gift, but I'm gonna stick with S197 related, since I have some stuff to give.

I gotta go out and buy a gardening set for a gift and I hope Greg ends up with it.

I was gonnna get him some weed eater line, maybe he could attach it to the crank pulley?

Well my car hasn't been started in over 3 weeks,I guess I will lock in the 4wheel wheel drive on the Suburban.

I'm going rain, snow, or shine, if the wife's AWD will make it.

So the gift exchange is on! You don't have to participate, but it ought to be fun. Time to go out to the garage and dig something up...

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
I got a ton of stuff and I think it will be fun.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, we can open it up to any gift, but I'm gonna stick with S197 related, since I have some stuff to give.

I was gonnna get him some weed eater line, maybe he could attach it to the crank pulley?

I'm going rain, snow, or shine, if the wife's AWD will make it.

So the gift exchange is on! You don't have to participate, but it ought to be fun. Time to go out to the garage and dig something up...

Or keep it for mooring lines for the itty bitty row boat you like to call a boat...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back