Brembo Brake full size spare tire option

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I know there is a another thread about a Brembo brake spare tire but it wasn't the full size tire 255-40-19 http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86745

Here fits a full 255-40-19. Also have a bottle jack, breaker bar, 21mm socket, security lug nut socket, air compressor, quart of oil, the gas tank funnel, and some rags. All fits into the trunk. I put the sockets into glove box to prevent sliding around.

Bought last year a Brembo brake wheel for like 200 on Ebay. Just got a 255-40-19 F1 supercar tire that's stock for the automatic Brembo brake package for 250. Bought breaker bar from harbor freight and bottle jack have had for several years.

With it all in and fits in spare tire compartment inflated so ready to use. Only lose aprox 3 inches of deck height in the middle and slops down on out side edges. If it bothers you, could always get something to shim it up to be level. For me doesn't bother me and still looks ever all clean and acceptable IMO.

WytHorse

forum member
Reaction score
well darn, I believe thats the best option yet... nice work

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
A spare? A jack and a breaker bar? Do you have any idea how much that all weighs! Jeesh. Good looking option, have thought about different options for a spare, just keep getting stuck on that extra weight in the trunk. Thanks for sharing

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
About "all that weight": as for any other choice, you do what suits your needs. The wheel/tire is about 60 pounds, right? Jack, five or so; breaker bar and sockets, three; other items, another five or so. Say a total of 75.

What's the car weigh? 3800 with driver and (16x6= ) 96 pounds of gasoline.

75 / 3800 = less than two percent without factoring in the lost weight of the standard inflation kit.

Chances are that in any circumstance where two percent additional weight in the trunk is going to be of any significance, the driver will have unloaded the spare and all before the competition begins. In the event of a flat tire that requires more than the standard kit, the driver will be mighty grateful for the spare and tools, and be happy to have carried the extra weight around. Seems to me.

86merc

forum member
Reaction score
I added a cheap 19" aftermarket wheel and tire in my spare well when I upgraded to the brembo brakes. I take long road trips and are on the road at night a lot. I still keep a fresh bottle of fix-a-flat, Ford air compressor and aluminum jack stands in the trunk as well. The piece of mind of having a full spare and other parts are great.

Of course when racing all that gets taken out for the weight savings.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
If worried about the wieght, can help put your mind at ease that its over the rear wheels helping rear tire traction! Lol

Back