Bye bye shelby!! :(((

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Man I'm glad everybody is ok. It sucks that your car is wrecked. But even a Shelby is just a car.
Most people don't know it but you can mandate where the tow truck takes your car unless criminal action is pending. You have to pay the toe fee out of your pocket though then ask for reimbursement from the ins. co. That way you have possession of your car. You own it so you have the rights to buy the salvage if it is totaled. Before it is offered to any salvage buyer. And play hard ball with ins. co. You should be able to get that car back for a few grand if they total it.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Man I'm glad everybody is ok. It sucks that your car is wrecked. But even a Shelby is just a car.
Most people don't know it but you can mandate where the tow truck takes your car unless criminal action is pending. You have to pay the toe fee out of your pocket though then ask for reimbursement from the ins. co. That way you have possession of your car. You own it so you have the rights to buy the salvage if it is totaled. Before it is offered to any salvage buyer. And play hard ball with ins. co. You should be able to get that car back for a few grand if they total it.

Car was towed to my house :)))

sent from the staging lanes

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What tires were you running when the crash happend and do you have the stock tires? I would hate to see the ins company try to use the Nitto's as a contrbuting factor....jus sayin....

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
What tires were you running when the crash happend and do you have the stock tires? I would hate to see the ins company try to use the Nitto's as a contrbuting factor....jus sayin....

I actually bought a full set of 08 stock gt 500 wheels and tires last week, at which point i swapped the nittos out for the stockers, i was just putting too many miles on the nittos. So to answer the question F1's were on it at time of crash

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Take out the 5.4L and tranny and put a 4 cylinder in it if they come and get it!! Tell the ins. co you bought it like that!! LOL!!

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not going to buff out.

I would hope for a total though, it won't ever be right again.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I actually bought a full set of 08 stock gt 500 wheels and tires last week, at which point i swapped the nittos out for the stockers, i was just putting too many miles on the nittos. So to answer the question F1's were on it at time of crash

Good answer!:beer:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not going to buff out.

I would hope for a total though, it won't ever be right again.

I don't believe the "won't ever be right again" stuff. with todays work and technology it will be just fine.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
As soon as they tell you that it is totalled start negotiating a price for the salvage and try to keep any salvage inspector other than the ins. adjuster from looking at it. That is if your interested in keeping it. Even if they say they are going to total it but the salvage is higher than you are willing to pay, just tell them you want it fixed, not totaled. You always have that right too. Just remember the car belongs to you. The insurance company is paid by you therefore they essentially work for you.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I don't believe the "won't ever be right again" stuff. with todays work and technology it will be just fine.

This. I was taking a tour of my friends body shop the other day and they have a sonic frame machine. They put these little sonar things on the body of the car and it reports back to a computer. They can get the car to within 1mm of factory with it. My mind was fucked.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea they have some serious machines today, it's all fuckin metal, maybe back in the day when the mechanic used a truck winch to straighten a frame but not today.

My car went through some shit many years ago, it came out perfect.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^ may be true but if and when he ever goes to trade the car in or sell it he is going to get raped!

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Even if they total it, it is a 80% chance that whoever buys the salvage at auction is going to fix it and put it right back on the street with a salvage title. For the right price I'd buy it in a heart beat. Of course some states don't allow that but i don't think VA is one of those. Not positive though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back