Cam/Spring install

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
So I put a set of Comp Cam stage 2 VSR cams in my 2010 with new springs. If you want a good idea for something to hold the valves up while you do the springs and allow them less play when the piston is at TDC, we found that a thick speaker wire works very well. We were having issues getting a string to hold it up enough and tried some thick speaker wire, worked like a champ. Obviously you want to make sure that you cut a smooth end and not let any of the wire hang out. Worked great.

My father in law grinded his own wedge. It worked perfectly on the driver's side but was too big to fit in the passenger side. He just cut it smaller and it worked fine. So if you have a grinder, save yourself the $50-70 for the wedge and make your own...it was very simple.

Lastly, we borrowed a 2v spring compressor and it worked fine on my 3v. I know they are significantly cheaper than the 3v tool. BUT if you are doing it alone, don't bother with the 2v tool as it makes it a two man job.

Not sure if any of this is helpful to anyone, but I thought I'd share as I didn't know a damn thing about this job and just went through it without issue. Maybe it'll be of use to someone someday. Had I not installed a new clutch at the same time, I'd be able to test out the new found power, but I'm stuck being tortured by a clutch break in. :321:

And now I wait for my Kooks LT that were ordered from Maryland Speed a damn MONTH ago!...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back