Camber Camber Camber !

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I use steeda adjustable front strut mounts. They allow for +/- 1 deg of camber. That's +/- 1 deg on top off what you already have. No caster adjustment. The car has loads of caster as is. ( 7 degs). The steeda HD adjustable front strut uses a 5/8" bearing. The Vorshlag version uses a 3/4" bearing.

My camber is maxed out at - 1.75 degs..... and both fronts are slightly toed out. Handling is superb. Zero inside wear on the fronts. Staggered setup. Can't rotate the fronts side to side either. Some neg camber improves the handling quite a bit.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what I have.

Rotate the upper strut mount 180 and get it rechecked. Rotating will make the the camber more positive by about 0.7 - 0.8 deg depending on how far the suspension is dropped. If you're now -1.5 or so it'll likely get you back into the ballpark (-0.6 - 0.8) where you may not need anything additional to meet spec (-0.75 +- 0.75). So the total range to meet spec is (0.0 to -1.5) but I personally wouldn't recommend anything more than a couple hundreds out (i.e. -0.5 to -1).

DieHarder

Reaction score
I updated my front suspension when I got the car with GT500 lower control arms, new tie rod ends and sway bar links as well as Koni Yellow shocks & struts and GT500 strut mounts. Can the GT500 strut mounts be rotated ?

Sorry, meant to include your quote. My setup is nearly identical to yours. See above...

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
+1... GT500 mounts can be rotated 180 degrees too. CC plates will just give you even more adjustment.

For daily driving... - 1 camber is pretty aggressive and .05 toe in should be real nice...
For occasional AutoX and street driving go to - 1.5 or - 1.75 camber and .05 toe out.

For regular AutoX and hardly any street driving go even more aggressive... Like - 2.0 camber and .15 toe out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
+1... GT500 mounts can be rotated 180 degrees too.

^^^^ This right here! I lowered mine 1.5” with FRPP K springs about 100k mikes ago. Rotated the GT500 strut mounts 180.
No unusual wear on the 255’s, never had it aligned (in 185k miles!). I have been on 18x10 wheels all around running 275-18-40 tires for at least 30k miles with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieHarder

Reaction score
^^^^ This right here! I lowered mine 1.5” with FRPP K springs about 100k mikes ago. Rotated the GT500 strut mounts 180.
No unusual wear on the 255’s, never had it aligned (in 185k miles!). I have been on 18x10 wheels all around running 275-18-40 tires for at least 30k miles with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No alignment ever ????, you've had to have changed out struts/shocks at least twice over that mileage. So, you've never changed out LCA's, ball joints or touched steering in an way? Man I've redone everything. I tried FRPP P springs for about two weeks but the car rode like a buckboard on local roads so I switched to Roush. Surmising the ride on yours is better due to smoother roads or the 18" tires. I also went to 19" wheels and 255/45's which do improve the ride compared to the 40's. I like the setup I have now; Roush springs, Bilstein B-6 Struts/Shocks and GT500 strut mounts. Handling & comfort. No surprises... though I'm sure the rest of the suspension mods I've done over the last few years also had something to do with it.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I went through multiple spring and shock/strut combinations and included 4 different ride heights. I clocked my mounts to get it within factory spec but later unclocked them and had just under 2* negative camber which I liked. My car handles like a pig mind you, ultra stiff rear and no front sway bar so it has been beneficial for me to have a little bit more bite on initial turn in. Though if one is not careful it can turn into a snap oversteer condition if the rear bar is attached. Even though I run a staggered set up I rotate the front tires from side to side. That involves popping them off the rims and rebalancing. I had to argue with Discount to get them to do it for free under their free tire rotation policy but I won. I do have to pay for the balancing though.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Why no front sway bar? Sounds like your set up for drag's. Still can't believe no alignment. Something on it has got to be out unless you have the tools and able to do it yourself.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I can eyeball or string toe.
Measure camber with Spirit Level on my phone and a straight edge. Caster is not adjustable really, so is what it is.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I can eyeball or string toe.
Measure camber with Spirit Level on my phone and a straight edge. Caster is not adjustable really, so is what it is.
Car already has 7.X degs of caster, which is more than ample.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Why no front sway bar? Sounds like your set up for drag's. Still can't believe no alignment. Something on it has got to be out unless you have the tools and able to do it yourself.

Yeah, basically set up for the drag strip but she also pulls some daily duties right now. I have a little camber measuring tool and toe is easy to do with simple measuring. The only time I thought it might get out of whack was when I did my front A-arms and K-member but she drove straight and initial measurements were pretty spot on after install and she has never had any driving issues.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back