Carbon Fiber Boss Rear Seat Delete

WytHorse

forum member
Reaction score
I just have a more polar idea of racecar... I don't think finished looks and Shaker stereo... I think stripped down....
Don't get me wrong though to the point of the thread you posted, it looks damn beautiful.

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
whats the estimates at the wehight loss?
Will find out when i pull it out for the x brace.
Ermahferkingerd!!!
sure lets go with that

ehhh..................NO!
bc showcar. Racecars dont give a shit about interior "finish"
yea well ya know. Better than seats? Racecarish?
Yup!
I guess we can't race and look good...who knew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Thats like someone saying you cant have a full weight 10 sec street car :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, it looks damn beautiful. I just have a more polar idea of racecar... I think gutted doors, minimal interior, stripped down....

Oh i understood what you were saying dont get me wrong. I agree totally and would in no way say im going for a racecar here. Appreciate the compliment!

DRock

Reaction score
My low 10 sec DD street car is pure racecar. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thats what i was getting at ha! Racecar all the way down to the AC and Powersteering.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
ehhh..................NO!
bc showcar. Racecars dont give a shit about interior "finish"

There are SCCA racing classes that allow you to remove the rear seat, but you have to "finish" the area. You can't leave it bare.

DRock

Reaction score
drock any word on total weight lost?
I will rip it out this weekend. I gotta get my stock seat down to weigh them.

Can't imagine it's much more then a regular rear seat delete... it only weighs around 9lbs.

But my god does the CF looks awesome
It ways a little bit less than the standard wooden seat deletes but probably not by much

Pretty damn sweet if you ask me
Thank you sir!

What do I think? I can't think. The blood is rushing to my boner. :D

Coming from you, IM blushing!

Did you ever finish the X bar DRock?
Yea its "kinda" done. I need to finish the bar off. I ordered it from American Muscle it is the Steeda bar, and what they dont tell you is that while in the pictures it shows the plate, it doesnt actually come with the plate mearly a mount for it. So about 10 minuites late with a grinder it looks "better" still more to be done.

very nice drock

Thanks Mellow!

My god is right. I like how it looks similar to the FRPP seat delete and its about the same price too.
Yup! Just need to find out how to get the FRPP Bar!

DAMN, looks great and saves weight.

Thank you buddy!

Looks good, I might have to re-think purchasing the FRPP delete
I love it and it pops in the back seat! WIth the NOS bottle in the trunk now it is really a conversation piece.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Looks awesome but we need DRY carbon parts for our cars. I know they are more money but that same setup would look 10x better in dry carbon and so would the hood vents. Hell everything looks better in dry carbon IMO plus its like 70% lighter then wet carbon which you would want doing a rear seat delete bc your removing seats to save weight but adding weight with a brace and then carbon so you would typically want the weight of what your putting in to be lighter then what you removed so you have weight loss benefits and decreased body flex from the brace. Also I feel you notice a lot more of any imperfections in the carbon from the resin being layer on top with wet carbon especially where the bends are bc of the glossier finish you see like a ripple effect sometimes when the light hits in certain spots. Dry carbon is pre impregnated into the weave with the exact amount of resin needed no excess and no glossy effect. That's why it's lighter and is equal in strength. But cost comparison is crazy my old boss has password dry carbon front seats, rear seat delete and front splitter with integrated brake cooling ducts like 9k in CF. It's all also in a GTR so that prob adds to parts cost as well. Like modding a Z06.

http://passwordjdm.com/category_make_sub_2.aspx?SID=1&Category_ID=2334&Page=2

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
Looks awesome but we need DRY carbon parts for our cars. I know they are more money but that same setup would look 10x better in dry carbon and so would the hood vents. Hell everything looks better in dry carbon. You don't see any haze or ripples or any imperfection that you see in regular carbon fiber from the wet post resin process

Dry Carbon parts dont stand up to the elements quite as well and well made wet carbon doesnt show/have imperfections as much. You gotta start looking for Quality. There is a reason TruCarbon hoods cost more than competitors hoods

Back