Cleaning The Inside of Wheel

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sonax full effect wheel cleaner, daytona speed brush

Then for maintenance, soap and water with a daytona speed brush

Seal them good after cleaning, makes maintenance a lot easier.

Just use wax to seal them?

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
GET BREMBOS WITH AFTERMARKET PADS. DUST MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE I HAVE EVER RUN!

BTW im still waiting to find you on the roads around here ha

Same! I thought I saw you a couple times around Orange but it turned out to just be another mustang. I usually drive from the 55 to the 91 to the 57 around fullerton/brea.

Back on topic....

How often do you put a sealant on your wheels?

I go 2 coats each wash....but since my washes can be pretty far apart I may add another coat every couple weeks.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Try using LA's totally awesome to strip the crud off. I like it for getting the mess off and then I wash them like I do the car. Ive never waxed mine but I daily drive mine and it rains here in Mississippi a good bit and with alot of roads around me being gravel and even dirt still in some areas the paved roads stay dirty so I can wash my car and drive a few miles and my car has dirt, dust, and pollen all over it. I just keep the car clean all the time and wash my wheels out about once a month.

eddyroxx

forum member
Reaction score
you should wax/seal the wheels man it makes cleaning them easier the next time around

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you should wax/seal the wheels man it makes cleaning them easier the next time around

Got some poorboy on the way. Have to get a low profile jack. My regular one won't fit under the car. lol

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I've been using this to keep the dust off. Works great. But then again I don't drive the car in the rain either.

41AyD-PLgXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

STANMAN

forum member
Reaction score
I just had the inside of my rims Plasti-dipped black. Now they ALWAYS look clean, problem solved.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
As much as everyone bags on Harbor Freight....I got my low profile jack on there for 80 bucks. 2.5 ton, 3 3/8 saddle height all the way up to about 23 inches...not too shabby!

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
another nod for sonax, good stuff, smells like a perm to me but it works really good. I also clean the back of my wheels it makes a huge difference in over all look imo

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back