Clutch problems

webster

Reaction score
My 05 mustang gt had an issue with the clutch the pressure in it got all funky then all of a sudden it just had no pressure at all… I replaced the master cylinder in it hoping that would fix it and it fixed the pressure problem with the clutch or atleast we think it did for now but now it just wont go into gear we’ve tried bleeding it with a hand bleeder we got could have done it wrong we’re honestly not sure we’re going to try a different process to bleed it. Anyone got any tips or answers as to why it just wont go into gear now? Or any tips as to how to correctly bleed it or if it even makes a difference?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the bleeding issue has been discussed many time on this board - search for details, however, as a summary,

use a power vacuum bleeder if you can

jack the front left up when you try to pull the air from the system

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Pump the piss out of it. WE hand bled my 2005 when we did a Exedy Mach 500 clutch swap. IT still had some air in it but was able to drive it 4 hours home after the install. Just popped it out of gear and pumped the pedal up every so often on the 4 hour return drive. Within 48 hours it was solid as a rock and no issues thereafter. Just have to be patient.

SPeace-ATL

forum member
Reaction score
Two thoughts to add to the equation that are not so obvious on these 05+ clutches.

One is that some brands of clutch kits need a spacer behind the hydraulic cylinder to give it a little more throw due to the design being a little different from OE.

Second is that IF the car has somehow managed to twist the input shaft it will be twisted in the splined area right where the clutch "floats" on the input shaft. The clutch will bind and stay fairly tight against the flywheel when the pedal is pushed causing symptoms as if the hydraulic system needs more bleeding.

Stan

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back