Corbeau Trailcat seats...anyone have?

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
I seriously considered these before going with a different model Corbeau. I had tried TMI, but the quality was terrible and, after a couple returns, gave up. The Corbeaus are much higher quality (and more expensive). For me, the driver's side Corbeau came with some thread loose, and I didn't notice until a couple weeks in. When I called Corbeau and sent them a picture, they sent out a replacement THAT DAY and paid to ship the old one back. Great service.

Just a warning, unless you want to stare at an airbag warning light, you'll have some work in changing out the stock seats. If you have side airbags now, you'll have to put a resistor on the plug so that the car continues to think the side airbags are there. You'll also have to locate the driver's position sensor somewhere on the new seat rail and plug it in.

Lastly, you'll have to move the passenger side bladder from your OEM seat to the Corbeau. Even then, it won't perform EXACTLY as stock because the bladder will read a different amount of pressure when in the Corbeau. But, it functions well enough, I suppose. On the OEM seat, the car turns off the passenger side when the weight in the seat is between 5 and 40 lbs. But, with the Corbeau, my 100 lb daughter will occasionally trigger the system off. Only happened once or twice though.

Lots of YouTube videos on the above install. Good luck.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info!! I forgot about the passenger side bladder. No side airbags here so at least I don't have to worry about that.

Good deal. The bladder is the most work, honestly.

Many folks just plug in the driver’s position sensor and throw it under the seat. That will keep the warning light away. But, if the magnet isn’t pointed at the metal rail, the computer will assume you are sitting extremely close to the steering wheel and the airbag will deploy in an accident with less force (or not at all, I’m unsure).

Getting that sensor to function like stock, ie having it pointed at the aftermarket rail until you slide the seat far up, is nearly impossible without some creative metal work. So, I chose to point it at the Corbeau rail and zip tie it. This will make the car think I’m NOT sitting close to the wheel no matter what and allow the bag to deploy at full force. Since I’m not a 4’8” granny, I think that works :)

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well good thing I waited to get seats....

I finally brought the car in this morning for the passenger side airbag recall. The airbag light went on after they replaced the airbag and they couldn't figure out why! I guess they tried reprogramming the RCM but it didn't help. They are calling Ford on Monday to get approval to replace the RCM, for no charge of course. I'm surprised they let me take the car home with the airbag light on....not that I would let them keep it anyways lol.

After all that I'm glad I still had the stock seats, that way they couldn't try to pin the problem on me modifying the restraint system.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back