CS Owners......the 2011 CS!!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not feeling it one bit. The "S197 II" has grown on me a bit, but the tailights break my balls....

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I kind of like it, granted i'm on my iPhone and may not be getting a good picture but I think it's pretty cool looking.

Minus the lame vinyl decals and chrome, I would rock one.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I like it. The front looks pretty awesome with the grille and fog lights on the bottom. The rear end could be improved upon but w/e.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Thats going to ahve to grow on me. The foglights on the bottom are a nice feature for the car.. but still, idk if im feeling this one lol. Maybe if i see it in person ill like it better.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I like it. I had an 2010 rental for a week, and I don't mind the taillights at all.

Fact is, nobody here is going to like it because it dosen't look like their Mustang, which is of course their personal favorite. It looks different, and that's not good to an eye that has already found the object of its affection.

It's pretty easy to prove this point. Why was the 2005 car so popular? What does it look like? Mostly a 1969 Mustang. It's popularity is based on the fact that it is familiar affection from the past. It's popularity with middle aged people is enormous and in fact those are the people that compliment me on the car. Nobody under the age of 25 looks twice. I think if we did a demographic poll here the average age would easily exceed 30, if not 40.

Now with the 2010 they have taken a retro design and combined it with modern styling cues. It's becoming sleeker, steathier, more aerodynamic and as such is losing that familiar appeal, for now. The 20 somethings now will have the same nostalgia over the 2010 design when it becomes a familiar affection from the past, in the year 2032.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I like it. I had an 2010 rental for a week, and I don't mind the taillights at all.

Fact is, nobody here is going to like it because it dosen't look like their Mustang, which is of course their personal favorite. It looks different, and that's not good to an eye that has already found the object of its affection.

It's pretty easy to prove this point. Why was the 2005 car so popular? What does it look like? Mostly a 1969 Mustang. It's popularity is based on the fact that it is familiar affection from the past. It's popularity with middle aged people is enormous and in fact those are the people that compliment me on the car. Nobody under the age of 25 looks twice. I think if we did a demographic poll here the average age would easily exceed 30, if not 40.

Now with the 2010 they have taken a retro design and combined it with modern styling cues. It's becoming sleeker, steathier, more aerodynamic and as such is losing that familiar appeal, for now. The 20 somethings now will have the same nostalgia over the 2010 design when it becomes a familiar affection from the past, in the year 2032.

You're on crack, it's ugly as shit.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, Vapour, was that your other "personality"?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Next thing we know he's going to vote himself off the board at the next Tribal Council for beeing the weakest link, and do it with 3 votes to 1.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
ehh that rear will never grow on me... :(

i think saleen is the only person doing the new mustang rear right..
2010-saleen-s281.jpg

if they made that bumper flush to the body and got rid of all the tack on body parts to make it stick out it would be perfect. but still hot as is!

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

It's pretty easy to prove this point. Why was the 2005 car so popular? What does it look like? Mostly a 1969 Mustang.
Well said! Remember the '99s? Everyone adjusted quickly enough to buy an 03/04 Cobra.

I think Saleen is the only person doing the new mustang rear right..
The Saleen is spot on, bad ass!

Just awful.
The 2010+ models are like my fat neighbor lady... every time I see that rear end, I wanna puke.
I believe I will be on the "short list for one of the '11s. I like a tight girl with a fat ass, so this one is right up my alley!

Last edited:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

You're on crack, it's ugly as shit.
I agree with Vapour Trails that Vapour Trails is on crack. I had two SN95s and saw the New Edge models and had to have one, and had a New Edge and saw the S197s and also fell in love.

This? Not so much.

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
I think the progression of the SN95 to the New Edge to the S197 was a nice constant growth in changes.

With this I just feel like they are taking away from the car with some of the exterior asthetics. I really think I would fall head over heals if there wasn't so much black plastic hanging from the bottom like a malignant tumor sucking the life force out of the S197 Chassis. It has the potential to be a completely different car if there wasn't so much damn matte black body pieces. Its not a Geo Metro, its a $35,000 sports coupe.

"Lets add body collored mirrors to make it not so f150 like, but fuck the rest, leave it unfinished matte black."

I'll take the stripe though, its pretty nice.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
What did they do..outsource this to GM? Last I checked they were the only ones good at making shit ugly.

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
I do think the Roush and Saleen Versions of the 2010 look nice and clean, but this thing just wont do it for me.

The interior is a work of art though, They hit a homerun on that field. Obviously the 5.0 is going to be amazing.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
The interior is a work of art though, They hit a homerun on that field. Obviously the 5.0 is going to be amazing.

+1 on that. Only thing id like to see is maybe some sportier seats. I really dont like my '05 seats that much and ill probably upgrade to a sport seat like these.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1159-2/

Then again ive never sat in a 2010(or 2011 for that matter lol) so I have no idea, they could be more comfortable than my lazy boy.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back